Kegging now what?

Vallka

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Ok so I just force carbed for 2 days at 30psi........now what?

Is it cold? If so, reduce the pressure to 10-11 psi (assuming it's at 39-40 degrees), and pull the pressure relief valve so you don't overcarb.

Yes it is cold and thank you

That's pretty much it. You use the 30PSI to get 80% of the way and then you dial it down so you don't overcarb. Like I think I did with my Saison.

2 days at 30 lbs constant will probably overcarb it. I get it cold, put 30 lbs on it and take the line off. I top it up in the morning with 30 lbs and then let it settle in at 4-6 lbs, depending on style and temp.
Purge the keg and set your regulator at your desired pressure and serve. If it's not overcarbed, it should be perfect. If it's overcarbed, just take the gas line off, purge it completely and let it sit for a few hours. Purge it again, replace the gas line and set to enough pressure to serve. If it's still overcarbed, repeat.
And don't forget that foaming can happen because of short beer lines even if it's carbed perfectly. Just keep turning the serving pressure down until it comes out well.

I usually do 40lbs overnight. Wake up and turn down the pressure to serving and bleed the co2 off the keg.

I’m just like Yooper but my gage stops reading at 35 its old, I first bleed all the air out with a few pulls then I just run the keg at 35 for 24 hours, disconnect bleed then set at 10 for drinking

Back