Keezer fan

Do you use a keezer/kegerator fan?

• Total voters
yep youve done it now jeffpn i irdered mine from china last night im guessing ill put it on bottom of ferm chamber blowing up and wire it into cold side of stc.
Screenshot_20180415-120527.png

It took me over two years to put a fan in, because of your reasoning. My beer is always cold.
But when I put things on top of the kegs (like meat for sausage or jerky) it’s a little too warm.

So you put meat on top of your kegs? Yuck! Think about the amount of bacteria that is on and leaking from those packages!

I don't use a fan, but then again, I don't open it up often and I'm serving from the bottom, so the beer is always cold.
I cold crash in kegs and don't have any issues.
My $.02
Brian

My keezer is set to about 34°. What amazes me is when I don’t run the fan, the upper thermometer reads 50°, 16° warmer than it’s set for. Running the fan gets the top temp down to 40°, only a 6° difference from the set temp. That fan is really moving some air.

I am just finalizing things with my new keg cooler but got something that could chime in here. I got sensors placed low, middle and high in my cooler exactly for the reasons discussed. Also have 6 small fans mounted. The picture is a representation of fans off vs on - I run them 24/7 as they only burn about 15 Watts.

Note the middle is the coldest still but that's due to design of my cooler (cooling coils are in middle and on top (none on bottom). Also, this is air temperature measurements - orange (beer temp) is a sensor in a gallon of water placed on floor. I use this as my beer temp for carbonating pressure calculations.

Not only is the temperature less stratified, but the cooler is an overall lower temperature. I suspect this is more evident in my design again, but I think does apply to a standard keezer as well.

Screenshot_20180421-082325_Blynk.jpg

I was wondering how 2 fans would do in my chest freezer. One one one side blowing down, and one on the other side blowing up. That should generate a good circulation in it.

Sure would help. I get cold beer with fans on or off, no question like mentioned before. But my biggest reason it seems for the fans and equal temperature is because the extra beer line that sits on top of the kegs - I want it cold as well. I use a trunk line to my taps so my lines are 20', and some of that 20 has to sit in the cooler just due to balancing.

I used to let them "hang" in my old keezer, but i found sometimes they would freeze / slush up.

I haven’t even considered the beer in the lines! I’m sure mine is now colder as well. I’ll have to put a few and see how it goes.

Yup, exactly why i do it. Plus, with the glycol trunk lines i recently set up, i really like having my first pint already cold - even if it's just a walk by quick sample LOL

i think this is why the second pour is always better you can tell on first pour when the line has cleared that beer it starts pouring better. its usually about half a cup full on my keggerator.

awesome stuff snook super beer geekery:)

It doesn’t take long for a guy with a new keezer to discover an immediate second pour is better than the first.

Back