Keeps logging me out in the middle of a brew session

Fierthy

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's really annoying to have to log in several times during a brew session in order to tick the boxes for what I've done. It times out during wait times all the time, like for mashing and boiling. Maybe you can set the default logout to a more helpful value for people who use the web site during brews - maybe 2 or 3 hours.
I have the "remember me" box ticked on the login page.

I logged in once to this site several months ago. I haven't logged in since then. Do you have an internal setting somewhere, a virus pro grosgrain or security program clearing your cookies?

My iPad does the same thing. Ticking the " Remember me" is pointless as it never works for me.

It does when I visit other sites.

I have not had this problem. I have ran several brew sessions and have never been logged out during one. I also have checked the "keep me logged in" box and do not have to log back in every time I come to the site.

im in the same boat as raiderrob, haven't experienced a problem with the site kicking me out. Granted, i don't really use the brew session feature, so that may be part of where the issue lies.

if it helps to troubleshoot, I can give the devs which iPad I use and the OS version

if it helps to troubleshoot, I can give the devs which iPad I use and the OS version[/quote]

Hey Jim

Thanks, that would be a help. I can then maybe work out if it's a problem at my end. As I said previously , this is only a problem for me with this website so far. No problem with others.

Cheers and thanks

Sure, I've got OS 9.2.1 and the iPad model number is mc769ll/a. Not sure which iPad number that is, but the thing is about 4 yrs old by now. Hope that helps

Also, my names joe. I've been called worse things than Jim before, so no big deal :D

Thanks Joe (don't know where I got Jim from)

That info lines up with my iPad too.

I'll have to check settings etc to see if I can resolve this issue. Strange that this is the only website where it does not remember me though.

But the requirement to have to log in during the brewing session is for me a major worry.

Cheers

the login script uses a cookie to keep you logged in, you may not have save cookies turned on, if you can save http://www.brewersfriend.com and http://brewersfriend.com or brewersfriend.com to your never delete cookie list, it wont log you out ever and if you have ccleaner or any cleaner this can happen too, in those programs there are settings to save cookies

Thanks all for the suggestions regarding my issue with be logged out during a brewing session .

I've opened the website through Chrome and it hasn't logged me out for last two days. Previously I had been using Safari and that is where I was having the problem.

Here's hoping that Chrome won't kick me out when I put it to the test with a brewing session next time.

Cheers and thanks

Back