Is this a Blonde?

20200729_103213.jpg
20200729_120138.jpg
20200729_115529.jpg
OG: 1.051
FG: 1.011
Filled 8 bottles, and primed with sugar simple syrup. Fingers crossed.
It fermented too high for the yeast strain. It's disappointing, but I have a solution in mind for my next brew. The sample smelled yeasty and very subtly hoppy/citrusy. The taste was super fruity/estery up front, and I couldn't detect any bitterness until the finish. It was more bitter than I was hoping, and stayed bitter after the sample was consumed. It's a gorgeous color though, I'm glad I omitted the C60. Hopefully carbed, chilled, and conditioned this will turn into something decent!

Last edited:
This is the current iteration of this recipe, with 100% 2-row malt and voss kveik yeast. Here's the ver. 2 recipe:
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1032013/sing002

My question is, now that the yeast is a farmhouse strain, would this be a saison? Or because it uses 2row instead of mostly pilsner/wheat would it be out of style? Should it be called a Norweigan farmhouse blonde?

It finished fermenting at 1.006 and is quite dry/tart, with a fruity musty-ness and lightly bitter. Excited to improve upon this for version 3!
20200805_131328.jpg
20200813_143146.jpg

I think it’s up to you based on the yeast character. I thought most of the kveik stiff was relatively clean compared to something like a saison strain but I have no experience. Norwegian blonde?

Regardless, I like the pics!

You're in a space where you can get away with murder with Saison and Farmhouse descriptions, so feel free to use them (as long as you're not submitting to a comp). I do like the Norwegian Blonde suggestion though.

Back