Integrate water calcs into recipe wizard

As one of the newbies I don't know if automatic additions is so much the way to go as much as suggested additions? "If you want X, we suggest you do Y, etc...".

BeerSmith 3 has this feature.

Once your base water is set you can add a target profile to match and the software calculates suggested additions.
For example, I added a water profile based on a commercial spring water I am thinking of trying, then set my target as 'Hoppy Pale Ale' and it suggests adding 6.9g Gypsum, and .4g Epsom salt to the mash.

Anyway I understand the argument against this, but I still would like this noted as a 'Feature Request'

BTW I prefer BF over Beersmith as you guys have the Gladfields grains available and your software is in my opinion far easier to navigate.

What I want is after you chose the profile for the style of beer and your starting water the calculator would add the salt's needed to get that profile. so if I was brewing a light colored IPA I would choose the profile "light and hoppy" then select my water profile, say RO. from there the calculator would add the salt's needed to get that profile. even if it just suggested what needed to be added then allow you to choose the amount and yea the green checkbox thing would be good.

Home brewers are a very diverse bunch. Not all of us want the same water profile for a given beer. There is an artistic side to home brewing, so let us practice that side. If you really want something to do the brewing for you, I strongly recommend you look at buying a Pico or some other set it and forget it system.

Merry Christmas !

What I want is after you chose the profile for the style of beer and your starting water the calculator would add the salt's needed to get that profile. so if I was brewing a light colored IPA I would choose the profile "light and hoppy" then select my water profile, say RO. from there the calculator would add the salt's needed to get that profile. even if it just suggested what needed to be added then allow you to choose the amount and yea the green checkbox thing would be good.
this would be so great!

Back