Votes: 5 27.8%
  • I have used both and prefer US

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I have used both and prefer Metric

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I use both US and Metric

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
One way I remember on comparing Quarts and Liters is something I learned long ago but don't remember where I heard it.
"A quart is a liter and a 'liter' bit more"

I use both. I am an amateur hobby carpenter as well and use both metric and imperial (feet, inches, meter, cm...it all depends on the task.) I even have 2 sets of tools...one set metric one set imperial. I grew up using and understanding both and at this point in my life they are completely inter-changeable to me.
That said I do as many of you do...I have a bunch of conversion tabs open in my web browser during a brew sessions! :p

Back when I was in engineering school and dinosaurs roamed the Earth, I used to convert problems to metric, solve them, then convert the results back. Much easier than trying to remember the conventional units....

I use both. I am an amateur hobby carpenter as well and use both metric and imperial (feet, inches, meter, cm...it all depends on the task.) I even have 2 sets of tools...one set metric one set imperial. I grew up using and understanding both and at this point in my life they are completely inter-changeable to me.
That said I do as many of you do...I have a bunch of conversion tabs open in my web browser during a brew sessions! :p

I do all my carpentry work in SAE cause that's how I grew up learning it, no other reason. Plus I don't tend to be mm accurate with a chopsaw.

Back