imma nerd

Pipes frozen, I'll fix it later with some heat tape but it's not getting above 0 today so I'm not in any hurry
sucky......we had that happen a few years ago. the main from the water company, where it came into the house under the slab had erroded away and froze solid. we didnt have water for days.

had to go rent one of those kerosene jet engine looking heaters to dethaw it and pray it hadnt burst. we got lucky

Right where the line comes up from the ground there’s a PVC fitting, I changed everything to pex but that, it always freezes

Last edited:
My rain gauge is stuck on the same number from Friday night, even though we have received copious frozen rain, sleet and snow since then. I guess once the gauge thaws, the numbers will start piling up. It is a mess of ice here and all through the Willamette Valley, bad enough that rail traffic is stopped. This might look like a Winter wonderland, but it is actually nearly impenetrable ice.
IMG_0373.jpeg

Last edited:
My rain gauge is stuck on the same number from Friday night, even though we have received copious frozen rain, sleet and snow since then. I guess once the gauge thaws, the numbers will start piling up. It is a mess of ice here and all through the Willamette Valley, bad enough that rail traffic is stopped. This might look like a Winter wonderland, but it is actually nearly impenetrable ice.View attachment 28021
I really can't hit the "like" button to that, but Wow! and No thank you. I am going to bitch, whine, moan, and probably crank the heat up to about 75 this weekend when it will only make it up into the 50s here. I might actually have to wear shoes on the weekend which I hate. It isn't really sunny today but supposed to be 76. Typical roller coaster winter.

I really can't hit the "like" button to that, but Wow! and No thank you. I am going to bitch, whine, moan, and probably crank the heat up to about 75 this weekend when it will only make it up into the 50s here. I might actually have to wear shoes on the weekend which I hate. It isn't really sunny today but supposed to be 76. Typical roller coaster winter.
Oh I liked it! (sorry @Herm brews )

I have to get one of thes stones. Where did you get it? Amazon, Wallyworld?
Does it take batteries or can yuo plug it in with a wall thingie?
I am glad I picked up one of those weather stones. It told me things were changing today

Attachments

• 20240215_083026.jpg
    20240215_083026.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 11

Back