I brewed today!

I brewed my hoppy wheat "80-Acre Boulevard Brewery" clone on Sunday afternoon. It went fairly well, but we've been pushing the envelope a little too aggressively on the grain to water ratio in the mash tun, and well, we paid the price. But, it actually turned out well for us, since it was more in line with the original recipe anyway.

Just worried that the "brewhouse efficiency" might need to be addressed in the future, just so we don't run into any major issues with regards to that.

All in all, nobody was seriously burned and we didn't lose more than a pint of wort, so that's a success in my book!! ;-)

Screwed up and didn't get the liquid yeast starter 3 days in advance, so I did a split-batch of dry and liquid for this one. Will be interesting to see the difference in tastes because of it.

EbonHawk said:
Screwed up and didn't get the liquid yeast starter 3 days in advance, so I did a split-batch of dry and liquid for this one. Will be interesting to see the difference in tastes because of it.

Sometimes "experiments" happen for a reason we don't understand but are worthwhile! Could be a good thing! Can't brew better beer without them.

This is a weird one, brewing a black IPA using only Columbus hops, and a smaller batch from the second runnings but with tettnanger only. Also adding some sugar to the first batch, oddly I'm hoping to decrease my hop utilization because I'm pushing the upper bounds of the style as is. We'll see how it goes

Got an early start and brewed our annual Oktoberfest 10gal, racked 20gal batch of Cream Ale into 4 kegs and made a 4gal batch of Root Beer. All dishes done and put away in 7 1/2hrs. Not a bad day. Now train some hop vines and then head out for the fish fry with a couple of growlers of Back to Black IPA and Angel Bock!

Excellent! There are several kinds and haven't found a bad one! Pretty simple to make too with kegs just mix it up in hot water, put in keg and top off with cold water then carb.

Brewed a doppelbock back in November or something, finally bottled it today. also bottled another batch of pineapple IPA, used pineapple juice in place of priming again (going to be around 7% :mrgreen: ) ... AND reracked an ESB into the secondary.

Also took some time to plan out some holiday brews for 2016 and 2017, hoping for a good year ahead.

Yesterday, actually.... Maerzen. Looking forward to September....

Nosybear said:
Yesterday, actually.... Maerzen. Looking forward to September....

Prost! To September!!!

I brewed a 2-Row and Sonett Golding SMaSH on April 17th . It is currently in primary fermentation.

I brewed a Fat Tire clone that a friend found here on this site. He's the one that turned me on to this site. I don't think it was your recipe. I'm sure it was a 5 gallon recipe. It was awful. It didn't even fit the style, no green check mark. Another friend of mine said it tasted like hot dog water. Not an inaccurate description. I named it Flat Tire. I think it's the only batch I've ever completely pitched. Maybe I'll scale yours back and try it.

don't for get to lower the efficiency and add more 2 row in place based on your settings, that could be the issue with some watery beers, oh and this beer should not be clear, its always strong and flavorful

3 gallons of ham and bean pale ale, er... soup. Turnips, carrots, celery, mushrooms, lima beans, rosemary, thyme, and parsley. Pureed some black beans and canellini beans to give it some consistency.
Got it chilling in the fridge as we speak.

This was in my boil kettle so it still counts :D

Sounds yummy. No need to tell us about the blowoff tube!

Tried the new 20 gal system out for the second time, but today did 2 separate beers. Brewed 10 gal IPA 120 IBU to clear the pallet and 10 gal Wheat beer with Australian Summer Hops for aroma. Brewing isn't simple anymore doing this but the results are great for the time spent! Making 4 kegs in 1 day is worth while especially with gardens and lawns all the other things this time of year brings.

Oh, and the hop vines have reached the 10 foot mark!! Should be a good crop this year.

Did an extract mild yesterday - very relaxing brew day!

Just finished cleaning up after brewing an English Pale Ale.

Golden promise, golden naked oats, East Kent golding, and a few other things. First time using Essex ale yeast, wlp022.

We shall see

I brewed a Amarillo pale ale, I love this beer, its a slight change in grain, down to the nitty gritty in my regular stock of grain had to do some last minute changes, those are always fun to try, most are good too

built a small bib control panel for a friend and brewed exactly like he would with his equipment to test it out, so no pump and everything traditional as far as vorlauf, everything went great, was much simpler to set up and clean up than my rig

Honey Amber Ale today. I dug around for a bottle I thought I had from my last batch so I could share it with a fellow brewer. No dice. Good brew day anyway! I hit 78% efficiency BIAB.

Back