how to get the mash ph to fill in on the recipe editor.

THC-1138

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am making a recipe and have filled in the water chemistry, but the mash ph wont fill in on the recipe. It just says "n/a". Does anyone know how to get the calculated ph to show

thanks

Have you filled anything in the mash section? It needs water volumes and a water report to calculate.

Have you filled anything in the mash section? It needs water volumes and a water report to calculate.

Yeah, I filled out the Mash Guidelines section, and the whole water chemistry section with the water amounts and the salts added and whatnot. I then updated the recipe, and it added the salt additions to the recipe on the recipe editor page under the Other Ingredients section, but the mash ph just says "n/a"

Last edited:
Yeah, I filled out the whole water chemistry section with the water amounts and the salts added and whatnot. I then updated the recipe, and it added the salt additions to the recipe on the recipe editor page under the Other Ingredients section, but the mash ph just says "n/a"

I've had that problem periodically. Can't remember what specifically I did to fix it because I followed my normal procedure of just clicking buttons until the problem went away. Actually, I think I may have hit the 'save' button.

Regretfully pressing the save button didnt fill in the mash ph. I may need to click more buttons...

@THC-1138....are you any relation to THX-1138? :p

That's my cousin, lol. I got my username based on a mashup of 3 different things: THX-1138 (the movie), along with my initials THC, and then the other thing THC stands for...

I actually had this problem recently too. For me it fixed itself when I started adding salts in the water chemistry page. It sounds like you have already done that, saved that page and "updated" the recipe. ---- seems odd. A bit glitchy lately it seems.

1. Does the Mash Chemistry page show the pH? (I assume it does)

A couple options below... these are just my thoughts on how to fix the issue. Read them all first before trying one. #3 might be the simplest to start with.

2. On the Water Calculator portion of your recipe where it shows the green link button and the update recipe button - does it show the green code number for the saved link? - If so can you copy it, click the red "remove link" and try to create a new link (you'd paste that old link code in the reload field of the Mash Chemistry page. - see if this helps.
3. You could always try closing the recipe out and reloading it to see if that fixes it.
4. You could also remove the water calc. link and try completely rebuilding it.

I just checked- you don’t have ANY source water indicated so that’s why you can’t get a predicted mash pH. You shouldn’t have got one in the water calc page, either, but I think it’s assuming you’re using distilled water and giving all 0s.

Make sure you fill in your source water, so the calculator can do the work, and you’ll get a predicted mash pH.

I just checked- you don’t have ANY source water indicated so that’s why you can’t get a predicted mash pH. You shouldn’t have got one in the water calc page, either, but I think it’s assuming you’re using distilled water and giving all 0s.

Make sure you fill in your source water, so the calculator can do the work, and you’ll get a predicted mash pH.

Thanks, I'll try that now

Back