How much did you brew in 2022

Barring any surprises, I'll get one more batch in this week... that'll be 12 5-gallon batches:

English Porter x2
American Pale x2
British Brown
Kölsch
Irish Red
Dubbel w/ Raspberry
Wee Heavy
India Pale
Downtown Charlie
Best Bitter

Four more than last year and second most ever (did 15 during shutdown... only upside to the pandemic for me).

Almost 200 liters

Witbier with indian spices (total failure - undrinkable)
Oatmeal Stout 3x
Altbier 2x - using waste malts or yeast
Weizenbock 2x (1x kettle failure)
Dunkelweizen
Rauchbier
Schwarz

As you can see it was a rough ride for me ;)
I'm using very simple electric kettle from Klarstein, and trying to modify it with arduino. Fist half of the year was like "what will fail today"

As you can see it was a rough ride for me ;)
I'm using very simple electric kettle from Klarstein, and trying to modify it with arduino. Fist half of the year was like "what will fail today"

Practice makes perfect, they say... although I feel like I've been practicing for 20 years and am still nowhere close, lol.

I'm using very simple electric kettle from Klarstein, and trying to modify it with arduino.
How is the klarstein treating you?
I got one as well, but haven't used it yet as I moved to an area with no power.
I might have enough solar power now to run it on a sunny day, but got real attached to my small batch stove top set up :D

How is the klarstein treating you?
I got one as well, but haven't used it yet as I moved to an area with no power.
I might have enough solar power now to run it on a sunny day, but got real attached to my small batch stove top set up :D

It's a love - hate relationship.
It has 2500W heating element under the bottom, and it's very easy to burn. I haven't noticed much damage to beer taste, but the kettle will shutdown if bunt mass exceed 150C (300F)

I was only able to brew 8 times for a total of 55 gallons.
upload_2022-12-27_19-22-13.png

Hopefully this next year I can focus my time on important things like brewing beer!

About 30 gallons this year. The Belgian Dubbel, Kolsch and sweet stout were winners. Blonde Ale was good. Still haven’t tried the Cantillon since it’s still in a barrel in someone’s basement. Need to revisit my Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone in 2023.
83607498-1AA8-4D0B-AEE7-9287BD42246C.jpeg

Brewing at home for me doesn't happen at all.
My old brew pot is in my barn, anything and everything else else is at my Son in Laws house.
He bought a used 25 gallon Ruby Street system and I brewed with him on that a few times to help him understand how it works.
At the shop, I brewed about 100 times and also directed well over 2000 gallons of wine and cider. I'll eventually build/buy a retirement system for at home and then I'll give you all a run for your money!
Cheers and Happy New Years!
Brian

Brewing at home for me doesn't happen at all.
My old brew pot is in my barn, anything and everything else else is at my Son in Laws house.
He bought a used 25 gallon Ruby Street system and I brewed with him on that a few times to help him understand how it works.
At the shop, I brewed about 100 times and also directed well over 2000 gallons of wine and cider. I'll eventually build/buy a retirement system for at home and then I'll give you all a run for your money!
Cheers and Happy New Years!
Brian
I bet you're brewing today! "At home" means any place that isn't at work.

I brewed twelve 11 gallon batches for a total of 132 gallons this year. I brewed the following beers, one beer every month:

Dunkelweizen
Irish Red
Czech Pilsner
Oat Nut Brown Ale
American Amber Ale
Blonde Ale
German Hefeweizen
Vienna Lager
Sterling Bitter (English Golden Ale)
Pumpkin Ale
Christmas Ale
English Light Mild

Have a great New Year everyone!

John

I brewed twelve 11 gallon batches for a total of 132 gallons this year. I brewed the following beers, one beer every month:

Dunkelweizen
Irish Red
Czech Pilsner
Oat Nut Brown Ale
American Amber Ale
Blonde Ale
German Hefeweizen
Vienna Lager
Sterling Bitter (English Golden Ale)
Pumpkin Ale
Christmas Ale
English Light Mild

Have a great New Year everyone!

John
Love the veriety there a bit of everything :)

Back