How is everyone doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a rum right now and feeling shitty because I found out I have to layoff 2 of my guys Monday morning and have no say in it. They're both great but we're at like 30% revenue right now and I don't have a good argument against it.
Thats rough Hawk, probably the worst part of being a manager

Sorry to hear man. This can't end soon enough for all of us. Trimming the fat is one thing, but when you have to let people go during tough times, it's a real blow for everyone involved.

I'm having a rum right now and feeling shitty because I found out I have to layoff 2 of my guys Monday morning and have no say in it. They're both great but we're at like 30% revenue right now and I don't have a good argument against it.
Aww that sux do you have welfare set up over there. In Aus the government boosted the Dole so everyones jumping on that that gets sacked.
If so itd make me feel better...:oops:

That sucks, but it's part of the job when you're in a supervisory position. BTDT. Hopefully, things will improve soon and they'll be just fine.

That really sucks man! It really, really does. Times are tough! I hope the rum was good but I doubt it will help with today. There is no easy way to do what you need to. I can only hope there is a silver lining somewhere in the situation for them. We can only hope.

Running out of fermenter space right now, too much time at home. It was the same when I was working on rifles for a hobby. Need to keep myself busy, gonna have to maybe step up my workouts and do a little cleaning around the place, not as fun as brewing beer, but I've got 3 batches(about 20 gallons) in various stages of primary fermentation right now...need to buy a chest freezer too, my keezer puked out and it seems people have hoarded them all

Sux, man. Looks like Boeing is going to be offering us buyouts... Anything in the bailout package that would help you keep them on?

Aww that sux do you have welfare set up over there. In Aus the government boosted the Dole so everyones jumping on that that gets sacked.
If so itd make me feel better...:oops:
Welfare? In the land of Yankee Capitalism? I just read where the state of Florida spent $77 million to make it harder for people to file unemployment. Sorry, stop me now before I get too far into politics....

p.s. that bailout check we'll all be getting? 1.5 weeks of the median US worker's income.

Sux, man. Looks like Boeing is going to be offering us buyouts... Anything in the bailout package that would help you keep them on?

I asked about that and got told no. I have been given zero say or control over this, I just get to be the messenger. Cause my director is frankly a coward. Canada has significantly bumped up EI (Employment Insurance) and they'll be getting a decent severance from what I'm told but we were already at skeleton crew levels. Things are going to start slipping and failing now.

I asked about that and got told no. I have been given zero say or control over this, I just get to be the messenger. Cause my director is frankly a coward. Canada has significantly bumped up EI (Employment Insurance) and they'll be getting a decent severance from what I'm told but we were already at skeleton crew levels. Things are going to start slipping and failing now.
Whether a bakery or building airplanes, if that core is broken down it can get to be a mess. Experienced knowledge is important to any business. Hold onto your hat Hat Hawk!

Due to the negative connotation associated with "Welfare" here in Ontario the program was renamed "Ontario Works", which is a bit of an oxymoron really. Soon it will get a negative response from the bleeding hearts and it will be renamed again.

Not to be negative about the program and how it helps those in need, just to say, just call it what it is man!

Damn, we've got around 250 here but it's a city >1 million.

just saw about 2700 cases and 40-50 deaths in Maryland

Shit yeah, province wide we're at 13 deaths and 968 cases today. Then I look at Italy and they had around 1500 deaths in the last 24 hours.

Shit yeah, province wide we're at 13 deaths and 968 cases today. Then I look at Italy and they had around 1500 deaths in the last 24 hours.
Just think about that for a minute, and when I say a minute...
1500 deaths ÷ 24 hours = 62.5
62.5 deaths per hour ÷ 60 minutes = 1.0417 deaths per minute
That is just Italy

Bloody hell when you break it down like that hawk it sure feels like Apocalyptic times Now where is the Beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back