How does this look?

I don't know why you're adding baking soda - with that grain bill you will likely need to acidify, and HCO3 is basic.

I agree with Nosy. There's no reason, other than needing to raise the mash pH, to use Baking Soda. Using both the Baking Soda and Lactic Acid is like trying to dehydrate water :)

I don't know why you're adding baking soda - with that grain bill you will likely need to acidify, and HCO3 is basic.

So what would you change? TRHTXYV

Lose the baking soda completely - no need to add alkalinity to water unless your grist is highly acidic. Then adjust your water and acids to achieve a mash pH of 5.4.

I'd look for a paler Crystal malt. You're not using much of it, but the C-75 will add some dark notes that won't necessarily show off your hops. C-40 is a good malt for flavor, body and a little color in a pale where you're looking to play with the hops.

I'd look for a paler Crystal malt. You're not using much of it, but the C-75 will add some dark notes that won't necessarily show off your hops. C-40 is a good malt for flavor, body and a little color in a pale where you're looking to play with the hops.
Good call I changed that.

Back