Hose for CO2 tank to regulator

Hey Craiger,
I’m not talking about plumbing braided line as it’s only rated to 125 psi, but you can get high pressure braided line with working pressure (not failure) of over 1400 psi up to 1” (greater than burst disc) have you guys never played paintball or been scuba diving? While the pressure are quite high our flow demands and pretty small here so large diameter hose isn’t needed could get away with 1/4” line here.

Hey Craiger,
I’m not talking about plumbing braided line as it’s only rated to 125 psi, but you can get high pressure braided line with working pressure (not failure) of over 1400 psi up to 1” (greater than burst disc) have you guys never played paintball or been scuba diving? While the pressure are quite high our flow demands and pretty small here so large diameter hose isn’t needed could get away with 1/4” line here.
Did you check out the video I posted on the previous page? It might be an easy option that is reliable and convenient.

It could, I’d have to get an adapter for my dual regulator though.

Hey Craiger,
Whatever you do, this is not a DIY deal, make sure you have the hose made by someone qualified, and made to suit the application.
An air hose with 80 PSI blowing off has the potential to cause serious damage, serious injury, and even death.
A hose is 3 components, inner tube, reinforcement, outer cover. Each component is critical.
Hose and fittings are engineered to work together, and the crimp tolerance is plus or minus 0.010.
Even mixing hose and fittings of the same spec from manufacturers, is not recommended, albeit mostly for warrantee reasons.
The hose that you use should have the outer cover pinpricked to allow gas that leaches through the inner tube to escape.
It will otherwise balloon and eventually burst.
We make hoses for a local scuba gas company, they have us make their hoses for safety, and insurance purposes.
Sorry to go on about this, but it doesn't seem that you realize how dangerous a bottle of Co2 can be.
I won't go on any longer about it, but I just want to make sure that I shared my working knowledge to hopefully prevent a tragedy in your home.

Going to that much BS rather than just widening out a hole big enough for two hoses dosen't make much sense. ( my shot at political correctness. )
Once inside the box what do you plan to do with five pounds of brass hanging from a hose thats about to let go?

So, let me ask this question again, do the 2 regulators allow 2 separate pressures? If not, for whatever reason, use 1 hose into kegerator & use the Manifold with multiple outlets, all at the same pressure.
If you were trying to provide different pressures to multiple kegs, look into Mini Regs. The mount on the Keg & allow you to adjust 1 keg each to any pressure less than that supplied by the tank regulator.
Just did a little digging & found Kegland had a Mini Regulator that allows you to connect to the Gas In on top of the Keg & controls the pressure separately from the Tank Regulator. Found it on Kegland ,a Aussie company, YouTube movie. More Beer here in the US also has them. Looks like $59. Out of stock but will have them in Feb.
If that don't do it for you, drill a bigger hole.

So, let me ask this question again, do the 2 regulators allow 2 separate pressures? If not, for whatever reason, use 1 hose into kegerator & use the Manifold with multiple outlets, all at the same pressure.
If you were trying to provide different pressures to multiple kegs, look into Mini Regs. The mount on the Keg & allow you to adjust 1 keg each to any pressure less than that supplied by the tank regulator.
Just did a little digging & found Kegland had a Mini Regulator that allows you to connect to the Gas In on top of the Keg & controls the pressure separately from the Tank Regulator. Found it on Kegland ,a Aussie company, YouTube movie. More Beer here in the US also has them. Looks like $59. Out of stock but will have them in Feb.
If that don't do it for you, drill a bigger hole.
Sorry, but dual regs are the way to go if you want to run at different pressures. It's a very common and very effective way to operate. Unfortunately, the op is looking for an additional convenience option that I don't think exists. Making a slightly larger hole is the easiest and most cost effective. Running a single reg on the outside and splitting to a dual reg in the unit would be second best and safest option imo.

You know, the input to the dual regulator does not have to be tank pressure. As long as the input is higher than the maximum output required the dual regulator will regulate whatever's coming in to whatever you set it at.

You know, the input to the dual regulator does not have to be tank pressure. As long as the input is higher than the maximum output required the dual regulator will regulate whatever's coming in to whatever you set it at.
While the input doesn’t have to be HP I still need to adapt the input my current regulator to a barb to take it. It’s an off 1/4 npt left hand thread

That hose is only rated to 50psi, not tank pressure FYI.

Then there you go. No idea why you want to do it that way but it'll probably work.

Looks like you got it all figured out then. Hopefully they'll sell to you without a business account. If so, best of luck.

Back