Hops adsorption

west1m

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I plan on doing a Wayners Pale Ale one of these days, anybody have an idea how much 6 ounces of dry hop pellet hops will suck up of my precious brew?

I plan on doing a Wayners Pale Ale one of these days, anybody have an idea how much 6 ounces of dry hop pellet hops will suck up of my precious brew?
I add the hops to a bucket of water or wart then they soak up that water not your normal water usage but a good estimate "A typical loss of wort per ounce of pellet hops is .15 qt. Not all of this amount is actually absorbed, but is nonetheless a loss when transferring/packaging"

Thank you that will give me a good starting point.
New crisis, boss says the dryer dosen't work, ran three cycles.
Vent is plugged with hard water! Have to thaw out the outside vent outlet to get it open. Just love Minnesota and its weather . Hasn't been above 0F in a week or so.

Vent is plugged with hard water! Have to thaw out the outside vent outlet to get it open. Just love Minnesota and its weather . Hasn't been above 0F in a week or so.
We are having the same issue. I am sure the vent is frozen

Nice choice! I usually brew an extra gallon and expect some waste. There are a lot of hops in that recipe, kind of ridiculous. But it works.

Good luck!

PS. It won second in the 2023 MN State Fair. Going to 2024 Midwinter in Milwaukee. Yeah, the weather is sucky this week in MN.

Hm. Get a water softener (heat gun).

Hm. Get a water softener (heat gun).
Ill have to put the water softener in the garage fridge too. We took the pop out but not the water . All frozen.

One year the pop poped in there.Messy, messy , sticky!

I miss calling it pop. In WA state, where I grew up, they all call it pop.

Here in MO if you call it pop, they look at you like you have three heads

I grew up calling it soda, when I was young, everything was called coke, that's all we drank

Soda pop. For me it was just soda.

@west1m just plug in the garage fridge backwards, it'll warm it up just fine...

But it has one of the three prong plugs, I have to run to the hardware store for an adapter.

Back