Home Reno Projects

Collecting cedar for the sauna. Also ordered the wood fired sauna stove today
2022-05-24 11.44.26.jpg

Talking ants:
I just got bitten by some safari ants. Itchy like (add own adjective).
It does make you antsy, so now having a mosi lager and biltong

The Carpenter Ants didnt seem to be very good at carpentering, they all looked like backhoe drivers.
So tell me you went and grabbed the bug spray :D:p!
Don't worry it's most people's first reaction to insects in places they don't want them...o_O

Last edited:
We are having our deck resurfaced, and adding new railings in the coming weeks.
I would do it, but my back won't allow that.
Same guy that did our basement will be doing the work.
Upside of having it done is that it will look super pro.
I will have to get some before pictures up.

So tell me you went and grabbed the bug spray :D:p!
Don't worry it's most people's first reaction to insects in places they don't want them...o_O

My first thought may have been a blow torch but I thought I might be able to save the porch if I just used the spray...
Other options????

My first thought may have been a blow torch but I thought I might be able to save the porch if I just used the spray...
Other options????
Blow torch woulda been more fun:D!
Anything (non repellent) I'd spray on them good for colonies where your not quite sure where the nest is. Unless that was it right there.
Don't wanna fix it only to have it bite you again in a year or three:)

Well, I finally got all the beds edged and 10 yards of black mulch arrived yesterday at 9 am.
It was a long day, but I got it all moved and spread.
I'll still have to power wash to clean up the driveway, but the rest is really looking good
Needless to say, my body hurts today!
Cheers,
Brian

Well, I finally got all the beds edged and 10 yards of black mulch arrived yesterday at 9 am.
It was a long day, but I got it all moved and spread.
I'll still have to power wash to clean up the driveway, but the rest is really looking good
Needless to say, my body hurts today!
Cheers,
Brian
Time for a beer Brian.
Nothing like sitting back with a hard earned beer and looking at your handy work.

Back