Great price on entry level grain mill

I have around 200 pounds of grain in my garage right now, so a mill is kind of necessary.

Interesting. I wish I knew someone near the border I could get stuff shipped through to Canada. Such a hassle up here.

Edit, so what are peoples thoughts on 2 vs 3 roller mills? Is the $100 premium worth it? I'm still rocking a Corona mill.
I've got the MaltMuncher 2 roller have only used it once but it worked a treat with drill attached.

One of my LHBSs grinds it for me. The grinder is on his side of the counter. I like that! I usually text him my recipe and he has it ready when I get there.

Nice. the one easiest for me to get to has the least knowledge staff and lowest inventory but they always have 2 row so I grab a sack and see what else is there.

It doesn’t take much for someone to know more about homebrewing than I do.

Well they literally don't brew, they do wine. So they push the kits to everyone, which the partial wort kits are pretty decent but not what I want. They recognize me now though.

Been following this post and got to thinking, how much malt will a crusher mill?
So I checked my brewing report for mine and My "Barley Crusher" has gone through over 2300#s. The roll bushing have no more wear than when it was new, and I do check it every 5 batches or so. I have taken it completely apart for cleaning once last year, the second roller was gumming up a little in the bushings, but it cleaned out and has worked well since then.
You could only guess how much one in a LHBS runs through.

I can't tell you how much grain my Barley Crusher has been through, but probably close to your #s. Recently is started not wanting to pull grain through. Knurling on the rollers getting pretty worn so flipped the rollers over as per a few posts on another forum. Since then it works like new. After flipping the rollers you need to run your drill or crank in reverse.

I wore my bearings out and replaced them once, I think it was misalignment with the drill, not from wear but it lasted 5 years before that happened

Back