Golden Promise / Cascade

this yeast will throw a wild flavor for anything fermenting above 60F air temp, so if your worried about that plumb raisin flavor showing up don't use it, use any clean yeast like US05 and you'll be fine but with 05 you'll need to age it more to drop the yeast down

Made a Golden Promise / Mosaic SMaSH in attempt to clone Founders Mosaic Promise. Turned out great. The GP is a is definately a superior malt. The Mosaic added a citrus, almost lemon peel aroma with pine notes... similar but more refined than the Cascade....IMHO. I actually like it better than the Founders.

Bit different than yours , planning on 30ish IBU for balance, 10 lb and 5 gal .
step mash for a drier finish but good to know it can hold a malt backbone if i try an IPA with it !

Last edited:
I was trying to clone the Founders at 5.5% ABV and 50 IBU.
I had done a Cascade SMaSH with 2 Row that turned out pretty good but I think the GP would have been better.

Cheers rick think that blond of Ozark's is next in line on brew list. 200lt system man that is a whole different ball park mate. Probably small compared to the mega breweries. What is ya grain bill like 40 kilo per mash?

Depending of the brew of course, but i do about 30 base sometimes or 40 base then add special grains to balance it off. Now on the big boy in my pic, we use about 500+ kg at time, it´s much easier to brew with industrial stuff and less of a pain but i have a lot more fun creating insane brews on the 50L and 200L. once the new brew dosent kill us, we escalate the recipe and use temp control and the beer filter then into the carb tank to make it worth while with costs. Filters here cost a fortune so does everything else.

this yeast will throw a wild flavor for anything fermenting above 60F air temp, so if your worried about that plumb raisin flavor showing up don't use it, use any clean yeast like US05 and you'll be fine but with 05 you'll need to age it more to drop the yeast down

That works also. I sometimes put the containers in the fridge at about 5c for 3-4 days then keg and this clears it a bit more for me then i leave in keg for a week or two then drink.

Mark D . You gunna brew up your SMASH golden promise brew let me know how your grain bill and hop schedule turned out cheers

I brewed that vanilla cream ale its chilling to pitch temp at the moment gravity Finnished a bit too high 1.064
If you were to water this down to say 1.054 how much water would you need to add

Boil gravity came in at 1.073 ....GP must have had more potential than expected .

Put Coopers Commercial Ale yeast in and bubbled away in fridge at 16.5 C to start with , ramped temps up to 19 C over last 48 hours to make sure it finishes clean .

Boil gravity came in at 1.073 ....GP must have had more potential than expected .

Put Coopers Commercial Ale yeast in and bubbled away in fridge at 16.5 C to start with , ramped temps up to 19 C over last 48 hours to make sure it finishes clean .
So ya finally brewed it there Mark what did you mash at ? Good to hear big fella! Some good efficiency there mate.

Now you are one dedicated brewer Mark cheers to this mate I hope this beer rewards your hard work :)

Bit of a strange brew day , ended up 2 points higher than expected and an extra litre in the FV :cool:
Hydro samples taste great , bottling this weekend

Back