Formula 1

I agree the races were more better back then with bigger more powerful engines. But many of the changes are understandable. Like hybrid engines for fuel economy and no in-race refueling for safety reasons. There is still fuel strategy, it just occurs before the race. The halo was something I didn't like at first but, glad we have it now. It very probably saved Romain Grosjean's life and there have been other accidents where is prevented serious injury. I very much like DRS. It allows for more passing and that makes races more exciting. I hate races where you know the finishing order after the first lap. One think dislike is how the race director can affect the outcome of a race. But in fairness it's not any different than any other sport. How many times has an ref or umpire cost your team the game due to a bad call?
there was one race in 15 years where was a fire and it was minor. they did it because of the idea and visual of safety and not actual safety.

there was one race in 15 years where was a fire and it was minor. they did it because of the idea and visual of safety and not actual safety.
It also adds significantly to the challenge. A new dimension so to speak.

Back