Forced CO2 Conditioning at Ambient Temp

I'm no expert but if you have or will spend money on a CO2 tank, a keg and assorted taps and hoses just to end up in bottles, you may have wasted your money. As the others have said, either get a kegerator or build a keezer for just a few dollars more. Once you do this, you can carb your beer, keep it cold and serve it in the timeframe you most likely want it.
One reason to carb in a keg and transfer to bottle is to increase capacity. If you only have one keg, you only have one beer. If you carb, bottle and refill the keg, you have 2 beers to choose from . Not to mention that it's easier to find storage space for bottles (and they don't absolutely have to be stored cold).
For me, spending $200 on the setup to force carb beer gets me two thing: (1) a quicker turnaround to enjoy it and (2) a product more similar to what a professional brew house would do.
There's an in-between...When I was bottling 5-gallon batches, I'd always fill one or two 2-liter bottles plastic bottles and use carb-caps to force carb overnight. That way the bottled batch has time to carb up and you have a supply of beer that's ready pretty much overnight, depending on how clear it was when bottled.
Here's a lot on ebay for $29. I got some of these several years ago and I use them constantly - 2-liters pressurized growler for parties, fizzy water, home-made sodas for the grandkids. If you have CO2 these will get you pretty much instantly drinkable beer.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pack-Car...747045?hash=item445ff634e5:g:D5kAAOSwUKxYav0w

One reason to carb in a keg and transfer to bottle is to increase capacity. If you only have one keg, you only have one beer. If you carb, bottle and refill the keg, you have 2 beers to choose from . Not to mention that it's easier to find storage space for bottles (and they don't absolutely have to be stored cold).

There's an in-between...When I was bottling 5-gallon batches, I'd always fill one or two 2-liter bottles plastic bottles and use carb-caps to force carb overnight. That way the bottled batch has time to carb up and you have a supply of beer that's ready pretty much overnight, depending on how clear it was when bottled.
Here's a lot on ebay for $29. I got some of these several years ago and I use them constantly - 2-liters pressurized growler for parties, fizzy water, home-made sodas for the grandkids. If you have CO2 these will get you pretty much instantly drinkable beer.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pack-Car...747045?hash=item445ff634e5:g:D5kAAOSwUKxYav0w
Good points JA
I mostly keg, but do like to bottle some batches to put them away for future reference, and to have multiple brews available to enjoy, and to share. I love sharing my brews, admittedly for the accolades that come from it:rolleyes:

Back