... my ears still ring I made an extract batch today. It was an after work brew day, and I wanted to shorten it up a bit. I rewrote a BIAB recipe of mine, and reduced the ending kettle volume from 6.5 gallons to 5.5. I decided to put every bit of the kettle into my fermenter, so that I can have a full keg at the end of the process, which involves a secondary. Quite a bit of hot and cold break, and trub. Should be interesting. I've brewed a couple extracts recently because I've been frustrated with the 1.020 curse. I suspect a faulty thermometer that is reading a lower temperature than reality. I did just rack a BIAB, a Belgian Saison. It went from 1.060 to 1.000. I guess I identified my problem! I just got a lab thermometer as well. I'll try that on my next BIAB.