Dry hop tea in carboy

I suggest making the tea seperately. Then strain it through a coffee filter before adding it to your brew, or you may get bits of tea leaves in your beer. I put a loose tea in a nut milk bag and very small bits of tea leave dust passed through the fine mesh bag. You could also put the tea bags into your fermenter.

I suggest making the tea seperately. Then strain it through a coffee filter before adding it to your brew, or you may get bits of tea leaves in your beer. I put a loose tea in a nut milk bag and very small bits of tea leave dust passed through the fine mesh bag. You could also put the tea bags into your fermenter.

Yeah that and... i was thinking yesterday, if there is some infection in my leaves and tea mix... maybe its better to make a tea and then pour the actual made tea liquid in the fermenter the day before bottling, then gently stir before bottling.

If there’s infection and you bottle right away, you may have bottle bombs.

What about adding the tea during the cool down stage, at flame out? It seem safer that dry hopping and getting an infection in the beer.

Back