Dry hop neipa

nachopit

Trial Member
Reaction score
hello everyone. I'm seeing a nepa recipe. The fact is that the hops of dry hop are repeated. Some put "five days" and repeat and put "three days." I guess it is first 5 days and when that time passes three days again? Thanks

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202018-10-09%2014_zpsvgtsfdzb.jpg

if there's nothing in the notes that tells you, I would take that as 7 days for the first then remove then 3 days for the second then package

[QUOTE = "Ozarks Mountain Brew, post: 69018, miembro: 1296"] si no hay nada en las notas que lo indiquen, lo tomaría como 7 días para el primero y luego quitaré 3 días para el segundo y luego el paquete [/ QUOTE ]
De acuerdo. thanks so much

I'll throw my .02 in for whatever that's worth, but for a NEIPA and high hopping rates and threat of oxidation, it's common practice to do the dry hopping during fermentation before fg has been reached.

LIstening to a bunch of people recommending doing the first dry hop at yeast pitch for NEIPAs, so agree that it'd be equally likely to be one dry hop 3 days after pitch and the final one 7 days after yeast pitch. You can read the hype about bio-transformation around the place for reasons why it's so early.

The wife does her NEIPA dry hops at day 3 and day 5 after yeast pitch. It's a lovely beer, but you really need to finish it quick as it falls off a cliff taste and color wise.

I always assume that the number of days is duration, not timing after pitch. Boil times are listed as duration but also happen to be in relation to flameout. Since duration and length of exposure is what's critical to hop uptake it won't matter as much how many days after pitch you start, but how many days the hops are actually in the beer.
Think of dry hop times in relation to the time you crash the beer for kegging. You'd put the first dry hop in 7 days before you intend to crash and you'd put the second in at 3 days before.
In the case of a NEIPA, that could easily correspond with hopping at pitch, or as I prefer, a day or two into active fermentation so that CO2 blowoff doesn't strip too much aroma from the beer. With a NEIPA you could easily be kegging 9 or 10 days from pitch, maybe even as soon as 7 days.

Back