Drinking in Ireland

I had a great trip to Ireland several years ago and these pics bring back great memories

It has been a great experience. Thinking about returning next year for the Notre Dame/Navy game.

I see why they say it rains alot over there looks pretty cold and rugged landscape and beautiful all at once.
Can always tell the tourist in Aus standing in the scorching sun soaking up its Rays getting sunburnt whilst us Aussies stare at them from the shade thinking their bloody mad havnt they ever seen the sun!

Being from the desert we see the same Ben. I does indeed make you wonder.

It has been a great experience. Thinking about returning next year for the Notre Dame/Navy game.
I see you've got a bit of a Maritime addiction my Father was in the Queens Merchant Navy as a boy. Hes got the anchor tattoo on his arm with who knows what written around it it's that old it's blurry.

Last edited:
I see you've got a bit of a Maritime addiction my Father was in the Queens Merchant Navy as a boy. Hes got the anchor tattoo on his arm with who knows what written around it it's that old it's blurry.

I grew up on the coast and do have a love for the sea, but don't miss the chaos that goes along with it.

Woke up yesterday with some kind of bug. Not the alcohol induced Irish flu that you'd expect. Back in Seattle now and hoping to feel good enough to down a few before we head home.
While we did find some tasty beers there, most of the IPAs left a lot to be desired. Great trip for sure, but not a beercation. Will be posting more pics when we get back home.

I'm one of those crazy people who always love getting sunburnt. When I'm at sea I just can't get enough you know AND I REGRET NOTHING LOVE IT

I see why they say it rains alot over there looks pretty cold and rugged landscape and beautiful all at once.
Can always tell the tourist in Aus standing in the scorching sun soaking up its Rays getting sunburnt whilst us Aussies stare at them from the shade thinking their bloody mad havnt they ever seen the sun!
I grew up in Seattle area. The sun hides allot there too, lol

Ah, a 4-year-old thread, huh? Well, I hope your Ireland trip from 2019 is still serving up some good memories, BOB357! The Guinness tour is the stuff of legends, and I'm sure those craft beers you tried left an impression. Time flies, but those experiences last.

Interesting that I stumbled upon this post while reading about anhedonia, which is the inability to feel pleasure from activities usually considered enjoyable. Even if it's been a few years, the joy from trips like yours could be a real antidote for people experiencing this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back