(DONE) temp correction

BrewHop

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I would be nice to have the hydrometer temp correction be above 120. Usually my wort is higher than that after I sparge and am about to start the boil.

Re: temp correction

Okay, we can look into this. We also want to support hydrometers with different calibrations.

Have you ever had a problem with cracked glass at that temperature?

No, not so far... it's usually between 130 and 140 when i put the hydrometer in

We're closing in on this upgrade for the Brew Log Entry dialog. Matter of hours now. There will be a corresponding upgrade to the stand alone hydrometer temperature correction calculator.

The supported temperature range will be 32-159 (F). The calibration value can be between 50-75 (F). Most hydrometers are calibrated to either 59, 60, or 68. It will also work in metric for degrees Celsius.

The correction value is there in case your hydrometer reads +/- a few points when in water. I've found some off as far as 0.002. See the Hydrometer Calibration section of this post for more details about that issue: http://www.brewersfriend.com/2010/12/19 ... esomeness/

There will be a new profile option for the hydrometer calibration temperature and its correction value. That way you can set it once and it will be the default on the brew log entry screen.

Attachments

• brewlogupdate.png
    brewlogupdate.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,374

Back