Difference between Palmer recipe and BF Recipe Editor

First brew day complete! I ended up with a 1.059 OG. According to the Brew Session calculator that works out to 72%. If the math is right, I'm pretty pleased with that. I don't feel that I screwed anything up too badly (other than dropping the thermometer into the kettle during the mash). I really enjoyed the process. Can't wait till it's cooler outside to brew (it was 87 and humid). Fingers crossed for a good fermentation!

I'll keep playing with this. Best part is each time I'll end up with beer! Thank you for all of your great help! I'll post again when the beer's done.

2k5nOTo

Hip Hip!
It is truly satisfying to drink your own brew, even the early ones that didn't taste all that great.
Congratulations, and good luck on the fermentation. Will you be bottling, or kegging?

Awesome SpartyBrew! Sounds D's like it went great and I bet you'll get some great beer. 72% is great and is definitely believable. It'll just take another couple batches just to make sure you're dialed in as efficiency can change depending on the size of your grain bill. Keep us posted to how it turns out. Cheers!

Hip Hip!
It is truly satisfying to drink your own brew, even the early ones that didn't taste all that great.
Congratulations, and good luck on the fermentation. Will you be bottling, or kegging?

Can't wait! I'll be kegging. I'm using the fermenting time to assemble my keg system. I have corny kegs and a tank. Just need some hose and parts. I have a freezer that will be doing double duty as a fermentation chamber/keezer for a while. Can't wait to see those bubbles!

72 is great! Now for consistency. As you proove your consistency, then you can start modifying process and have it dialed in!

Keezer and fermentation chamber ? How do you intend on that for temperature difference?

72 is great! Now for consistency. As you proove your consistency, then you can start modifying process and have it dialed in!

Keezer and fermentation chamber ? How do you intend on that for temperature difference?

Fermentation chamber first, keezer later for carbonating and serving after fermentation is done. Just until I can come up with a better way that fits in my limited space. I wish I had a basement! I think the tools here are great and as I learn to use them and keep careful notes, that should help me with consistency. Reading some other threads it's apparent how important that is.

Yea, I am glad I listened to others when they said take notes, I refer back to them a lot, especially when building recipes. I use the Notes section lots too, simply because it's available wherever I go, compared to a notebook at home.

Do you have a controller for the freezer yet?

Yea, I am glad I listened to others when they said take notes, I refer back to them a lot, especially when building recipes. I use the Notes section lots too, simply because it's available wherever I go, compared to a notebook at home.

Do you have a controller for the freezer yet?
Yes. Working out the bugs (especially for warming) but this is what I have (trying to figure out images on this board):
jSWSW2nJbgrGynR39

jSWSW2nJbgrGynR39

Maybe try the image thing again, File I believe needs to be less than 1 Mb.

Depending on where you live and what the temps are like it is possible to ferment without a chamber. You have to put a little more thought into what yeast you'll use and some styles are more forgiving than others, but you should be able to make it work. I'm 8 batches in over the last 9 months and I have no ferm chamber or basement :p

Bah I'm over a year into all grain and I'm just now seriously considering a fermentation chamber. Admittedly that's because my basement got up to 28C over the summer which is new.

Bah I'm over a year into all grain and I'm just now seriously considering a fermentation chamber. Admittedly that's because my basement got up to 28C over the summer which is new.

Sounds like good Saison temp to me!

Yeah except I was trying to do an Erdinger.

Uh, Erdinger fermentation is very cool, about 16° C. You may have just made a Saison. Or liquid bubblegum.

And I hope no one is freezing their beers after having seen that before I could correct it.

Yeah... We'll see how it turns out. It didn't taste bad when I transferred it to the keg but I don't actually know what Erdinger should taste like. It definitely wasn't bubblegum but I got it in a swamp cooler with a fan on it inside 8 hours.

Back