Corona mill with all in one system

Reaction score
Hi

I'm thinking of getting an all in one electric brewing system, but I'm using a Corona mill.

Some of what I've read indicates that it won't work well, that a roller mill will be needed. I want to do a proper cost analysis before pulling the trigger.

Has anyone tried malt crushed will a Corona mill in an all in one system?

Understanding is that those mills are really designed for making flour, not crushing.

Understanding is that those mills are really designed for making flour, not crushing.
They are, but many have been using them for crushing grain and brewing purposes for years. Mine has worked for 8 years thus far. You just have to modify it a bit, with a washer/spacer to ensure it doesn't turn the grain into flour

Can you post a picture of the crush you get?

Hi

I'm thinking of getting an all in one electric brewing system, but I'm using a Corona mill.

Some of what I've read indicates that it won't work well, that a roller mill will be needed. I want to do a proper cost analysis before pulling the trigger.

Has anyone tried malt crushed will a Corona mill in an all in one system?
I loved the corona mill I used to have. I think if you set the gap wide enough, you could use it for regular mashing/sparging. Might take some trial and error. I think some of the husks will get shredded, but some people condition their grain ahead of time to intentionally shred instead of split open. You could continue to do full volume mashes in your all in one and then the crush doesn't matter.

I use a Corona Mill with a Grainfather S40 and I didn't change the crush from when I mashed in a bag. It works fine. I probably should make it coarser but so far I've made 4 batches and they've turned out well.

Huh I was gunna mention you had one @Hawkbox ;).

For the price of what a 2 roller mill costs in comparrison to an all in one brew system that's a fraction of the price if the Corona Mill doesn't work out.
Just my 2c

Attachments

• IMG_20221119_101541.jpg
    IMG_20221119_101541.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 40

Back