CIP Spray Ball.

I like the brew bags because you can just toss them in the laundry after you do a quick shake out. I put mine in for a 15 minute quick cycle by itself.

Howdy Brewers. I chased down a CIP Spray ball. I'm my case a 1/2" FPT spinning Ball. I found this one:
https://www.proflow-dynamics.com/pr...ray-balls/mini-cip-spray-ball-female-npt.html
My interest involves cleaning carboys & cornie kegs using a home made Bottle Blaster. It needs to fit into a plastic carboy with a 1-3/4" neck & operate with the Fountan Pump with less than 735 GPM.
This ball is 1-1/2" & working pressure of 29 PSI. This would seem to fit the bill & cost is $29 USD.
Also found a nearly identical one from Bremer Hardware. Also $29 but OD of ball is 1.534. Slightly larger but still able to fit in carboy neck. The working pressure is 40 to 60 PSI.

Damn Auto Complete. Not Bremer but Brewer Hardware. YouTube has a video demo of the Brewer. Hardware CIP Spray ball cleaning a plastic carboy. Worked great.

Howdy Brewers. I chased down a CIP Spray ball. I'm my case a 1/2" FPT spinning Ball. I found this one:
https://www.proflow-dynamics.com/pr...ray-balls/mini-cip-spray-ball-female-npt.html
My interest involves cleaning carboys & cornie kegs using a home made Bottle Blaster. It needs to fit into a plastic carboy with a 1-3/4" neck & operate with the Fountan Pump with less than 735 GPM.
This ball is 1-1/2" & working pressure of 29 PSI. This would seem to fit the bill & cost is $29 USD.
Also found a nearly identical one from Bremer Hardware. Also $29 but OD of ball is 1.534. Slightly larger but still able to fit in carboy neck. The working pressure is 40 to 60 PSI.
Awesome be sure to fill me in on how it goes once you rig it up the Firedome :).

True that.
Food for thought.
What you get lots of grains caught in the screen?
I find the screens in my Brewzilla are a bit fussy to clean, but they are coarser screens than the basket you pictured there.
YMMV

I put my brewzilla screens in the dishwasher. I do give them a quick wipe down first though, mostly to dislodge any macro particles.

I bought a spray ball to clean out my pressure barrels. The plan was to connect up the spray head to a Karcher Spray washer.

upload_2021-3-25_18-59-36.png
upload_2021-3-25_18-59-56.png
upload_2021-3-25_19-0-15.png
upload_2021-3-25_19-1-28.png
upload_2021-3-25_19-1-49.png

The only thing is.... the spray ball is 2.36 inches in diameter. The Barrel top is.... 2 inches in diameter!!!!
Bugger.... If I had bought the rotary spray head it would have fitted.

I bought a spray ball to clean out my pressure barrels. The plan was to connect up the spray head to a Karcher Spray washer.

View attachment 14881View attachment 14882View attachment 14883View attachment 14884View attachment 14885

The only thing is.... the spray ball is 2.36 inches in diameter. The Barrel top is.... 2 inches in diameter!!!!
Bugger.... If I had bought the rotary spray head it would have fitted.
Noooo! Bugger
I wonder if the karcher would have enough flow rate to do the job?

Noooo! Bugger
I wonder if the karcher would have enough flow rate to do the job?
Never got the chance to find out.... but I have another idea that I will give a go tomorrow. One for a spray head and another for a different pump but I will have to switch into my chiller system to use it. This is fun.

That's why I own 2 of them too.

Woohoo guess what came today yup!
20210430_153402.jpg

I hall ripped my extendable pipe fitting for the keg blaster in anticipation to try this out:( I just pushed it Into the end of the spray ball Dodgey style.

Here's a.short YouTube flick of it in action using the keg king submersible keg washer pump (I don't have the kegland one but I'm imagining the pumps near the same).
https://youtube.com/shorts/sh5gLdAySVA?feature=share

It goes alright I upended a keg on it and it sounds like it's splashing pretty good.
I'll try it out on my bubble fermentor soon and link a pic.

Gotta rig up and attachment for the 1/2inch bsb thread half thinking cam lock or...
So I can CIP my kettle too.

Also thinking the kegland sparge arm for attachment as well can't link photo but you can bend and shape it how you want it's got 1/2inch thread on each end.
Cheers
Let me know of any tricks with these pls
Also gunna hook it up to the MK-2 pump and see which goes better.
I've found flow rate seems similar if not better than the submersible...

Woohoo guess what came today yup!
View attachment 15515
I hall ripped my extendable pipe fitting for the keg blaster in anticipation to try this out:( I just pushed it Into the end of the spray ball Dodgey style.

Here's a.short YouTube flick of it in action using the keg king submersible keg washer pump (I don't have the kegland one but I'm imagining the pumps near the same).
https://youtube.com/shorts/sh5gLdAySVA?feature=share

It goes alright I upended a keg on it and it sounds like it's splashing pretty good.
I'll try it out on my bubble fermentor soon and link a pic.

Gotta rig up and attachment for the 1/2inch bsb thread half thinking cam lock or...
So I can CIP my kettle too.

Also thinking the kegland sparge arm for attachment as well can't link photo but you can bend and shape it how you want it's got 1/2inch thread on each end.
Cheers
Let me know of any tricks with these pls
Also gunna hook it up to the MK-2 pump and see which goes better.
I've found flow rate seems similar if not better than the submersible...
Looks like it is good for watering you lawn too!

I've forgotten to put a keg on mine before plugging it in before and it certainly disperses water quickly.

Well I didn't expect this to happen
https://youtube.com/shorts/odgx-VXtVAU?feature=share
Too much FOAM!

I used no more suds than I normally do the spray ball must really get things frothing.
Definetly not foaming sanitizer in this baby.:p.

On the cleaning side of things I ran it for a couple of minutes before that happened . And the fermentor looks squeaky clean doing hot rinse atm then phosphoric acid no foamer.

Yeah it foams like crazy when I use oxyclean in my CIP setup too.

Back