Christmas Pudding!

The proof of the pudding spread View attachment 18723
Everyone loved it.
#ChristmasFoodComa
upload_2021-12-26_11-48-44.png

At it again today GF PUD this year:p

Had to watch that Christmas pud video again from drity Donna check it out for a good laugh!

Gunna chuck in some cubed ginger as well along with some orange peal subbing out the flour for rice flour and GF breadcrumbs going in. Everything else is the same along with a healthy serving of Bundy rum;).
20221211_120000.jpg

Will snap a few pics shortly
All mixed up
20221211_124208.jpg

Lid on I line the bowl with butter then run rice flour around the butter this should stick to the pud.
20221211_124430.jpg

Wrap her up
20221211_124911.jpg

Out of string bailing twine will do:).
20221211_131323.jpg

In the pot on 500watt slow simmer 6 hours

Last edited:
I foubd out there is a difference between instant chocolate pudding and the "other one"...
Thought I would make a simple chocolate pie for a family dinner. Grabbed a gram cracker crust at the market as I knew there was a couple boxes of pudding in the cupboard.
Recipe called for a 5.9 ounce box , hmmm must be the larger box , i just weigh out 5.9 oz from the two boxes I have.
Followed the directions which did not involve any cooking.
Wow kinda runny! Says it will set up in about an hour. An hour later still runny.
Thats when Deb asks me if I used "instant" pudding... "Oh " I say, there is two kinds?????

Bloody Beautiful it did not disappoint
20221225_195903.jpg

Have a look at that PUD!

Yeah you know you want some!

Crumb shot
20221225_200132.jpg

Now this is gunna go well with a glass of Shiraz!

I could imagine a big thick Jammy porter or Brown ale would really accompany this to a Tee.

Cheers all Merry Christmas 2022!

At it again today GF PUD this year:p

Had to watch that Christmas pud video again from drity Donna check it out for a good laugh!

Gunna chuck in some cubed ginger as well along with some orange peal subbing out the flour for rice flour and GF breadcrumbs going in. Everything else is the same along with a healthy serving of Bundy rum;).
View attachment 23401
Will snap a few pics shortly
All mixed upView attachment 23402
Lid on I line the bowl with butter then run rice flour around the butter this should stick to the pud.View attachment 23403
Wrap her upView attachment 23404
Out of string bailing twine will do:).
View attachment 23406
In the pot on 500watt slow simmer 6 hours
Wowie I was pretty skinny last year:oops:
Shows me how sick I was

Getting my pud on again!

Back at it again today gunna soak the fruit in rum overnight then boil it up tomorrow

750g mixed fruit.
3/4 chopped dates
1/4 pitted prunes
1 teaspoon dried ginger
1 thumb sized grated fresh ginger
1/2 generous teaspoon each cinnamon-all spice and Nutmeg.
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 1/2 cups Flour (GF)
1 Cup Bundy Rum

I'm letting this all stew together than I'll wip the butter brown sugar and 4 eggs tomorrow to combine the. Boil 6 hours
20231021_132922.jpg

Wowie I was pretty skinny last year:oops:
Shows me how sick I was

Getting my pud on again!

Back at it again today gunna soak the fruit in rum overnight then boil it up tomorrow

750g mixed fruit.
3/4 chopped dates
1/4 pitted prunes
1 teaspoon dried ginger
1 thumb sized grated fresh ginger
1/2 generous teaspoon each cinnamon-all spice and Nutmeg.
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 1/2 cups Flour (GF)
1 Cup Bundy Rum

I'm letting this all stew together than I'll wip the butter brown sugar and 4 eggs tomorrow to combine the. Boil 6 hoursView attachment 27017
Gf breadcrumbs I presume?

All mixed into the pud container
IMG_4396.jpg

Noice then pop a little baking paper lid on
20231022_113822.jpg

Now wrap her up with aluminum foil and I use jute twine to tie it in place with a handle to pic it up
IMG_4397.jpg

MR Pud man showing off his wares!
Now to bring my pot to a boil then simmer for 6 hours.
I'll check the pot every now and again to replace water.
20231022_115805.jpg

I've discovered that the pud will just float in the pot so no need to suspend with something as per previous years.
This is why I bought the PWM recently to simmer this.

Cheers I'll catch ya Christmas day for the reveal ;) .

Last edited:
All mixed into the pud container View attachment 27029
Noice then pop a little baking paper lid onView attachment 27027
Now wrap her up with aluminum foil and I use jute twine to tie it in place with a handle to pic it upView attachment 27028
MR Pud man showing off his wares!
Now to bring my pot to a boil then simmer for 6 hours.
I'll check the pot every now and again to replace water.View attachment 27030
I've discovered that the pud will just float in the pot so no need to suspend with something as per previous years.
This is why I bought the PWM recently to simmer this.

Cheers I'll catch ya Christmas day for the reveal;) .
Hey Ben, once it's cooked, how do you store it until you're ready to cut into it? Can it be eaten right away or is letting it 'cure' a while a big part of the flavor and texture?

Hey Ben, once it's cooked, how do you store it until you're ready to cut into it? Can it be eaten right away or is letting it 'cure' a while a big part of the flavor and texture?
Yeah apparently it gets better with time.
Every year I intend to make it in winter in advance but most years it becomes a oh Shoit I gotta get the pud done!

This year is maybe a record in October lol.

In the cooler climates you can just store it at room temperature.
Somewhere in my mind has people just hanging it up.
But here in hot starting to get humid QLD I'll pop it in my keezer to wait it out until Christmas.
The weather ATM is conducive to growing mould.

Back