Cannular pro shelf life

toffle

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the shelf life of beer packaged with the Cannular Pro system? I have been cautioned (by a representative of a competing brand) not to expect more than a few weeks before the beer is no longer drinkable. I brew for a (very) small seasonal taproom in southern Ontario, and we would like to offer take out cans to our customers. I suppose the deciding factor would be that kind of filling method is used - counter pressure, as opposed to open transfer. We would definitely not have the kind of volume to justify an sort of canning line. We would likely be packaging a few cases per week.

Can anyone offer any guidance in this regard?

Thanks,
Tom

Does anyone have any experience with the shelf life of beer packaged with the Cannular Pro system? I have been cautioned (by a representative of a competing brand) not to expect more than a few weeks before the beer is no longer drinkable. I brew for a (very) small seasonal taproom in southern Ontario, and we would like to offer take out cans to our customers. I suppose the deciding factor would be that kind of filling method is used - counter pressure, as opposed to open transfer. We would definitely not have the kind of volume to justify an sort of canning line. We would likely be packaging a few cases per week.

Thanks,
Tom
I'm sure the Cannular system is made by kegland Australia.

If I were you Email kegland directly and don't listen to the opposition.

My personal thoughts
Why would anyone spend thousands of dollars for a canning machine if thier packaged beer would last only a few weeks!

Sorry I rekon that's total BS:).

As long as the beer was packaged with all due diligence to mitigate O2 ingress it should store just as long as in a keg given similar storage (temperature) conditions ;).

Don't hesitate to get in touch with kegland they are quick to reply when emailed.

Thanks,
Tom
Yes, i am sure the competing system is telling the truth 100%. :D

All those canners use nearly the same basic system

i have beers im competing still after a year in cans. been taking international gold medals etc. really depends on how stable you can brew your beer and the tools you have to keep it shelf stable

Thanks for the suggestions. I will reach out to Kegland to see their recommendations.

Cheers,
Tom

Back