[Bug/Issue] Forum Topic Subscription Emails

cearum

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the best place to put this; so I'm putting it here.

I keep getting emails for a topic that I am no longer subscribed to stating that there are new posts. First of all, there aren't any new posts on the topic. Second, I'm not subscribed to any topics as I cleared them out in my forum settings. I'd be happy to provide more information as this isn't a lot to go on right now.

This has been a tricky one to track down. Thank you both for reporting this. We are now keeping a close eye on all notifications that go out, to try and narrow it down.

And this came back, which is correct:

Hello LarryBrewer,

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic,
"[Bug/Issue] Forum Topic Subscription Emails" at Brewer's Friend. A reply
was made since your last visit.

If you want to view the topic, click the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=836

Good idea, just did that.

I did correctly get both notification emails just now when you posted (to my main account and my test account).

It is one of those computer problems that goes away as soon as I look at it! :lol:

I haven't gotten one in a while, so maybe it's fixed now? I know it happened for a few days after I unsubscribed to the post. I'll keep an eye out and I can update if something happens again.

I'm subscribed to this post but didn't get the last 2 emails after mine, is it off now?

I noticed a few incorrect emails came to me today and compared the log information. I believe the problem is triggered when a user is subscribed to multiple threads (thank you QHB), and that thread that has multiple subscribers.

I made a minor adjustment just now, we'll see if that takes! Stay tuned and sorry about the incorrect emails the system is generating. If this works we may re-enable forum level subscriptions.

storm knocked out power out all night till 8 am , got 2 emails from the correct post, this one this morning :) the time on the emails say 2:19 and 2:24 am

It appears to be working more accurately, but I'm not 100% satisfied. I think the issue with the wrong topic name being sent out is fixed. So, still watching this one...

The emails go into a queue and sometimes take up to an hour to be sent. Generally it is pretty quick though.

very strange I'm getting about 2 out of 10 right, I was getting my own post email back at one time, now nothing at all lol

I just got the email notification from your last post about 15 minutes later.

There are a few more things I can change to make it run better I think.

It depends if you have been back to the forum recently, and also if you have 'notify my when a reply is posted', vs just being subscribed to the thread.

EDIT: and then it emails me when I reply to the topic... (must be because I am subscribed to it). This may be another bug I can try to narrow down.

weird I did not get this email but I'm subscribed and notify me is always checked

Back