brewprint.com and brewersfriend merger

PZ

Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else see the announcement on the now-defunct blog page? So now we have access to more recipes and have the opportinity to buy them? I would assume the ones submitted by members would still be free, but still. I find it's already a bit of a landfill. More recipes? And apparently Josh is going to fix things and add features. Right now I just want to figure out if it is worth buying a refractometer.

You will be able to buy ingredients through an easy click system. That's what that means.

Any questions for Josh or I?

Austin said:
You will be able to buy ingredients through an easy click system. That's what that means.

Any questions for Josh or I?

That makes way more sense than what I, and likely others, thought. Maybe you should make it more clear in the blog post.

I don't suppose you have an updated timeline?

Yes a little explanation would be good, for those of us who have never heard of brewprint.com . What do you mean by buying ingredients and or recipes?
I'm all for raising a toast to any improvements or upgrades. "PROST"

Josh is on the tech side of things, so I'm going to let him respond.

Just letting you guys know.

We will have some new development timelines but you should start to see new features in pretty rapid fire now Brewer's Friend has moved servers and the merger is complete.

Hi everyone! Nice to virtually meet all of you. I'm really excited to join the community and help make Brewer's Friend even better.

Sorry for any confusion with the purchasing of recipes/ingredients. What that's about is the ability to buy the ingredients for a recipe easily. So instead of printing out a recipe, heading over to the LHBS, realizing they're sold out of what you need, paying too much, etc. you'll be able to order everything you need for a given recipe right online. This definitely wasn't meant to imply any payment for recipe information - recipes on Brewer's Friend are certainly still free to access.

I'm in the process of refining a large development roadmap for Brewer's Friend, but in the short term, we want to focus on getting the information around the site up to date and responding to requests that have been lingering for some time. This will mean getting new grains added, pre-hopped LME added, new yeast vendors, and an updated Style list from BJCP, just to name a few. I hope to have all these data additions wrapped up in the next few weeks.

Please stay tuned as we start to make progress more rapidly and I'll be sharing our next set of plans.

Thank you for the update. Now that I know it'll be updated more often and with some transparency; I suppose it's time to renew my subscription before it expires soon. I'm a fan of change logs; what can I say!

Great to hear you're on the team Josh! Austin has been honest about all(just not a brew nut) so will be good to see this software expand. The recipe editor is top notch here but there is always room for improvement with anything. I don't buy grain 1 recipe at a time but quick access to supplies is a good thing for that nich yeast or grain. Please look at the large list of feature requests thoughtfully that have come up over the past year, as there are some great ideas that have been put out there. Thanks

I definitely agree. I've compiled a giant list of all the feature requests in our new issue tracking system and am working to prioritize appropriately. You're right that there are some great ideas in there!

Back