Brewer's Friend November Zoom Call Details

Ah, well salesmen know how outlook calendar works. ;)
I just assumed we had a running chat about it cause I missed February being a blacksmith newb.

Nosy set it up to be the same every month.

Did I miss where the new call details are for March? Or should we get on making sure we have that?
Did you send me your email? I'll forward you the invitation...

Sent you a PM.

Time and date for next meeting? Also, invite?

Is that the international-friendly time? I thought it was an hour earlier now
I have it at 4:00PM ESDST which is 2 hours earlier than we use to have it.
upload_2021-3-24_15-35-13.png

Is that the international-friendly time? I thought it was an hour earlier now

@Sunfire96 and @Craigerrr are correct! Thanks for catching it! But I do see an issue. With DST changes the local time changes for some. For everyone in North America the local times are unchanged (2:00pm MDT/4:00pm EDT). Anne Marie, Alan and the rest of Europe and Africa (maybe) get to start an hour earlier in the evening. However, for poor Ben the meeting starts at 7:00am. Then the following week his clocks Fall Back so if we keep the same time it will be 6:00am for him. So, we should probably discuss changing the time based on Daylight Savings Time.

upload_2021-3-24_14-53-55.png

I decided to break my one big post into two posts because they cover two different, but related, items.

I think the confusion is that there are 3 different threads with times and links to the monthly meeting. The two that are pinned to the top of the General Brewing Discussions topic have outdated info but are still being referred to. @Yooper, can we remove the sticky on them?
upload_2021-3-24_15-2-56.png

There is a topic on the main page (that I forgot about) that we should use going forward.
upload_2021-3-24_15-0-42.png

Three more sleeps!

I decided to break my one big post into two posts because they cover two different, but related, items.

I think the confusion is that there are 3 different threads with times and links to the monthly meeting. The two that are pinned to the top of the General Brewing Discussions topic have outdated info but are still being referred to. @Yooper, can we remove the sticky on them?
View attachment 14849

There is a topic on the main page (that I forgot about) that we should use going forward.
View attachment 14848

Thanks for letting me know- I can stick a new post if you’d like and unstick when the meeting is over!

Could I suggest putting up a thread with the link to the recurring meeting, then lock it so the link doesn't get buried, and then sticky it in the sticky place?

Getting confused with summertime/wintertime/time zonres etc.
Meeting start is at 20.00 GMT? Or 21.00? GMT?
Anyhow, fingers crossed for decent internet connection

Could I suggest putting up a thread with the link to the recurring meeting, then lock it so the link doesn't get buried, and then sticky it in the sticky place?

Yes, if someone would put the information in a new post, and tag me so I can make it a sticky thread (and close it), I would like that!

Yes, if someone would put the information in a new post, and tag me so I can make it a sticky thread (and close it), I would like that!

@Yooper, I can create new thread under this topic (General Brewing Discussion). In it I will simply link to a new thread under the Community Zoom Meeting topic. It that I will paste @Nosybear's meeting invite as well as the world clocks I created. Then you can sticky & lock both. That way we will have single thread with a single post that contains the current meeting information.

Question: If I create it, will you or Nosybear be able to edit it if the meeting time changes the day after I get hit by a bus? I worry those vultures may know something I don't know! :D

I've been trying to cut and paste the recurrent meeting here but can't. Again, if you'd like the Outlook version, send me your email via PM and I'll put you on the list.

Back