Brewer's Friend November Zoom Call Details

I asked Yooper or Priceless to put out a notification of the regularly scheduled meeting. I also did a brief writeup on the community beer for them to post. Thought it would carry a bit more weight with the administrators behind it.... I also offered the option of moving the meeting up an hour to 3:00 MST/2200 GMT. That would move the meeting up to 11:00 for SBAClimber and midnight for Zambezi. Since it would move it earlier in the morning for our Aussies, we might get to see Ben in his jammies.... On second thought, we might not be able to unsee that.

I'll set up a standing Zoom meeting that doesn't require me to start the meeting, if possible, so sometimes I can skip without everyone missing out.

Let me know if I missed anything.

I asked Yooper or Priceless to put out a notification of the regularly scheduled meeting. I also did a brief writeup on the community beer for them to post. Thought it would carry a bit more weight with the administrators behind it.... I also offered the option of moving the meeting up an hour to 3:00 MST/2200 GMT. That would move the meeting up to 11:00 for SBAClimber and midnight for Zambezi. Since it would move it earlier in the morning for our Aussies, we might get to see Ben in his jammies.... On second thought, we might not be able to unsee that.

I'll set up a standing Zoom meeting that doesn't require me to start the meeting, if possible, so sometimes I can skip without everyone missing out.

Let me know if I missed anything.

An hour earlier may be a good idea as the meeting lasted long enough to be available over a long period of time.
Thank you very much Mr @Nosybear for the time you have taken to get this working. Not an easy task on an international basis.

Yes. Thank you very much Mr @Nosybear for setting this up. It is a most enjoyable and informative evening / day / morning - depending on location.

Starting an hour earlier is a good idea, the Aussies can still join in when they normally do.

It has been too long since I was able to join in, it was great to see and chat with everyone.

Ah i stuffed up yesterday I saw the 9am my time 27th of December zoom call and I thought it was tomorrow didn't know what date it was:confused:.

Catch youse on the next one ;)
Missed you buddy!
Soon enough:D

I will need to set up an alternate host or hosts in case I can't start the meeting. Volunteers?

I sure could and would if I have what is needed. I have zoom on my tablet, but I am not a subscriber, so I would likely be restricted to X amount of time. If you could set up a proxy account, if there is such a thing, anyone of a number of us could.

Hey!

What about a site paid full zoom account?

N
I sure could and would if I have what is needed. I have zoom on my tablet, but I am not a subscriber, so I would likely be restricted to X amount of time. If you could set up a proxy account, if there is such a thing, anyone of a number of us could.

Hey!

What about a site paid full zoom account?
Now there's an idea!

Perhaps - if Site Zoom is organised, what about a link on the main page - with info as to when next zoom is?

upload_2020-12-28_13-25-25.png

I can volunteer @Nosybear, I don't use Zoom professionally but it's not that different from the other tools I use. As Craig I don't have a subscription though.

I can volunteer @Nosybear, I don't use Zoom professionally but it's not that different from the other tools I use. As Craig I don't have a subscription though.
Send me an email address via private message. You're co-hosting my meeting, I'd think it would still be my subscription.

Sorry to have been AWOL on Saturday, Christmas was on Saturday the 26th at my house. As usual I discovered the meet up was 2 days ago. I'm looking forward to our next meeting.

Sorry to have missed it as well. Chores got pushed back on Saturday. One of those chores was to find a data cable for the hard drive we bought my son for Christmas. My memory of an extra data cable in the spare parts box was just a figment of my imagination. The other important task (can't call it a chore) was to pickup the grains & hops for the Shady Bohemian I brewed yesterday. So playing Santa & Brewer got in the way. Looking forward to the next one.

Sorry I can't help out with the Zoom meeting. I log in from a company laptop and can't install new software without paperwork. It's a pain but, understandable in light of all the hacks and computer viruses of the past few years.

As one of the people responsible for that company IT equipment I appreciate the consideration. Hmm I should check my inventory for that recipe.

I posted recurring meeting details with Yooper and Priceless to get the meeting on the schedule. Still looking for an alternate host - Hawkbox volunteered but since he doesn't have a Zoom account, the system wouldn't take it.

I have an account, it was before they started charging not sure if I was grandfathered in? I was able to host meetings over 30 minutes in the spring with students. I don’t care to be one of the back ups if that works. I CAN’T be there for the January meeting unless covid cancels a basketball game. The rest I look open.

I have an account, it was before they started charging not sure if I was grandfathered in? I was able to host meetings over 30 minutes in the spring with students. I don’t care to be one of the back ups if that works. I CAN’T be there for the January meeting unless covid cancels a basketball game. The rest I look open.
Send me an email address via private message and I'll see if I can add you. Worst case, I'll add you to my account.

Sent my email to Nosy, I will help if I can

Back