Brewer's Friend Contact information

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by msk, Sep 14, 2016.

1. msk

msk New Member

Hello.

I'm a bit dissapointed that Brewer's Friend is not taking direct feedback from users.

Especially when they state the following under contact information:

"We would love to hear from you!

Bring us your questions, suggestions, brew stories, ideas for blog posts, feature requests. A friendly hello there, prost or cheers is welcome too!"

Do they really read this Forum??

My initial question is, why I'm not able to delete recipes from my account. I get that Brewers' Friend wants to encourrage users to uppgrade to Pro, but it is not logical to limit the account in such a way that I can't delete recipes.

This type of service makes me reluctant to sign up for Pro anyway. To bad.

Regards
    Trial Member

2. jmcnamara

jmcnamara Well-Known Member

they are taking feedback and have made some changes based on comments in these forums.

from what i understand, there's not that many of them, so it's tough to keep up with everything. programming isn't as simple as typing a few lines of code and a new feature is added. it takes time to test and retest and work out the bugs.

and you're exactly right about them wanting people to upgrade. if they don't get money from subscriptions, then they can't support and upgrade the software.

TxBrew likes this.
  3. Head First

Head First Well-Known Member

As a trial member you can't delete because you are only allowed so many recipes free. Makes sense to me. It's good software for the price.

TxBrew, jmcnamara and jeffpn like this.
  4. msk

msk New Member

Well, that fact wasn't clear to me when I signed up. To not let me delete something in my account is never good service level.

If they limit it to a maximum of 5 recipes, or perhaps 3 in total, but still lets me delete them would be more logic to me. If I copy a recipe by mistake, and I already have 4, I would have to sign up again to get my last free recipe. I'm sorry, but it makes absolutely no sense to limit an account in such a way.

5. jmcnamara

jmcnamara Well-Known Member

not sure how prominent this page is, but this does list the differences in memberships
    http://www.brewersfriend.com/pricing/

$15 bucks a year is cheap too. that's anywhere from 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of a 5 gallon batch of beer

Ozarks Mountain Brew likes this.
  6. jeffpn

jeffpn Well-Known Member

When I joined, I "lost" a recipe due to not knowing what I was doing. They chose to do a recipe limit. It's just enough to get your feet wet in my opinion. A full functioned time limit would've been awesome, but that's not the way they do it. So I upgraded. Talk about service level all you want. I like the service. And I'm no different than you.

7. Yooper

Yooper Administrator
    Staff Member

Happily retired
    We do read emails daily (email to [email protected] to get me directly). I also browse the forum at least one a day, usually several times a day, and read any suggestions.

We take comments, suggestions, praise, criticism, advice, and compliments all equally seriously and will do our best to keep our software as user friendly as possible.

The entire reason I was asked to come help out was because I'm a brewing software user myself. I was specifically asked about using every bit of the software for recipe creation, brewdays, water calculations, and so on, and I am always looking for others' input as well.

We do take any suggestions quite seriously, and we try to be responsive to input when it's given.

8. TxBrew

TxBrew Administrator
    Staff Member

We very much listen and have a large list in Pivotal Tracker of tasks to accomplishment. Getting the forum ported over plus the re-design took up a lot in bandwidth of development resources this Summer. Getting back to the feature list and bug list is a priority. It takes a lot to keep a project like Brewer's Friend active and going, support, development, testing, etc. So we appreciate the feedback very much to teach us how to prioritize things but we only have so much resources right now. It's a double edged sword, if we had more sales, we could hire more development time, on the flip side we need more features to be ahead of the competition.