Bread Thread!

That reminds me...
I need to get my starter out of the fridge.
I'm breadless ;)

Bannana bread:) look at that big Bertha
20230409_205339.jpg

Oh I slapped a little rock out yesterday well that's what the MRS said it looked like lol
20230430_173345.jpg

It tasted bloody great with my lamb shank stew and bacon and eggs this morning though!

Back at it this morning View attachment 25171
This is actually tasting pretty good.
You just don't get much oven spring with GF flour:rolleyes:.

Gf bread by the loaf is $7.50.
This bread cost me a little over $2.20 in flour hence the need to try and perfect a batch.
So we have one of those automatic bread makers - just dump everything in and press a button. GF bread comes out great in it, the loaf is big enough to make sandwiches with the slices. Most commercial GF bread loaves (Udi's, Schar) are too small. The machine's bread has plenty of air and spring. Just no decent crust...

So we have one of those automatic bread makers - just dump everything in and press a button. GF bread comes out great in it, the loaf is big enough to make sandwiches with the slices. Most commercial GF bread loaves (Udi's, Schar) are too small. The machine's bread has plenty of air and spring. Just no decent crust...

How about posting your GF recipe!
I do have a bread maker as well. Would be nice to make one for the boss.

How about posting your GF recipe!
I do have a bread maker as well. Would be nice to make one for the boss.
This is for our Hamilton Beach bread machine, which has a specific gluten-free cycle. From what I gather, it has a longer proofing time than the standard cycle. YMMV. For what it is worth, Bob's Red Mill has recipes on their website (and on their bags of GF flour) that have come out well for us. But the bread machine is so easy, we don't bother any other way these days.

GF Bread.png

Thank you for the recipies. After your post I tried making one. I used the one for one type flour but added an extra tsp of the xantham gum. The machine wouldn't mix it just made a hole in the bottom and went round and round. (Like the wheels on the bus). I had to add another egg for moisture and get inthere with a rubber scrapper to keep it mixing
Didnt raise long enough , came out like a brick. But eatable with enough butter.

Thank you for the recipies. After your post I tried making one. I used the one for one type flour but added an extra tsp of the xantham gum. The machine wouldn't mix it just made a hole in the bottom and went round and round. (Like the wheels on the bus). I had to add another egg for moisture and get inthere with a rubber scrapper to keep it mixing
Didnt raise long enough , came out like a brick. But eatable with enough butter.
I'd have suggested more milk or water. Brick-texture is no bueno. We don't get wonder bread, but it is definitely fluffy enough.

This is how ive been proofing my pizza and bread doe of late
20230520_133658.jpg

I was gunna use the PID which I can but I don't have another SSR to run the heat.

So using my spare STC1000.

No way am I gunna switch the oven which I could - don't wanna break it:).

Also use it to make Filmjolk and other set fermentation things.

A great little fermentation chamber my shed oven has become :D

Back