Bottle conditioning carbonation question

Bubba, you’re breaking all the rules. Clear containers, plastic, and you probably wear shoes when you brew, right?

On the plastic bottles, are you reusing the caps that come with the bottles?
I can re-use the caps 3-4 times. After that, the lid does not seal well. However, the caps are cheap enough to use new ones every batch.

I have several stainless kegs now, so I only bottle what doesn't fit into the keg,

I break a lot of other "rules". No secondary, 30 minute boils, dry yeast, no oxygenation, you name it. Yet the beer keeps coming out tasty.

I can re-use the caps 3-4 times. After that, the lid does not seal well. However, the caps are cheap enough to use new ones every batch.

I have several stainless kegs now, so I only bottle what doesn't fit into the keg,

I break a lot of other "rules". No secondary, 30 minute boils, dry yeast, no oxygenation, you name it. Yet the beer keeps coming out tasty.
Glad to know I'm not the only person who "skips" some details. I always use dry yeast, rarely rehydrate, shaker oxygenation only, and have never used a secondary. Frankly thinking on the results I've had to date I'd only do a secondary to rack over fruit...but that's for a different thread!

I am wearing Crocs on my feet as I brew right now, and have never done secondary. When I buy yeast, it is dry. Today I will be pouring fresh wort on yeast cake left in fermenter, which means I did not clean the fermenter after bottling last night. Rules are meant to be broken.

@Bubba
I also use PET bottles. The 500 ml ex-sprite or 7-up ones. Green and if any of the flavour would stay in the bottles, I rather have sprite than coke ;)
Maybe I'll try the brown ginger beer ones next time .

I wear shorts when bottling. Is that breaking the rules as well :) :)

@Bubba
I also use PET bottles. The 500 ml ex-sprite or 7-up ones. Green and if any of the flavour would stay in the bottles, I rather have sprite than coke ;)
Maybe I'll try the brown ginger beer ones next time .

I wear shorts when bottling. Is that breaking the rules as well :) :)
Definitely go with the brown bottles if you can get them - more protection against lightstruck flavor.

Back