BIAB no-chill

How about take those very same two liter bottles sanitize them and put them directly into the wort??

for the last 3 batches I've put my beer in 2 - 7 gallon cubes air tight, lagers too with 34/70 yeast and left them on the back deck this is the result, as about as clean tasting as you can get

WP_20181102_18_09_52_Pro.jpg

for the last 3 batches I've put my beer in 2 - 7 gallon cubes air tight, lagers too with 34/70 yeast and left them on the back deck this is the result, as about as clean tasting as you can get

View attachment 4226
So you no chilled then fermented once wort was cooled in cube? Looks real tasty Oz!

I've been thinking of putting a gas side barb on my cube lid so I can slightly pressurize before cold crash to reduce o2 ingress from suck back would also be able to attach air lock tube via gas disconect so dont have to leave the lid loose at fermentation.

I no chilled in the cubes then fermented in my 14 gallon vessel and did it at ale temperatures with 34/70, the beer is fantastic

I no chilled in the cubes then fermented in my 14 gallon vessel and did it at ale temperatures with 34/70, the beer is fantastic
How did you account for increased bitterness from extended chill times? Did you adjust your bittering additions?

no what I did was brew the beer then whirlpool to 170F like always then added to the cubes and the next morning poured into my 14 gallon vessel and fermented like normal, not bitter at all

no what I did was brew the beer then whirlpool to 170F like always then added to the cubes and the next morning poured into my 14 gallon vessel and fermented like normal, not bitter at all
Interesting not a bad way to get around extra hop isomerisation suppose it's still at pasturisation temperatures too kill two birds with one stone.

of coarse I sanitize like crazy, I think the head-space was filled with foam lol

of coarse I sanitize like crazy, I think the head-space was filled with foam lol
Yep I'd be a bit nervy but if your using wort the next day so should be good. I just wouldnt trust it leaving it for a week or more not that I've ever left my no chill wort more than overnight myself.

I have done a lot of no chill. The low hopped ones have turned out great with no issues. The hoppy styles have been overly bitter due to the extended exposure to high temp wort. I usually transfer to fermenter within 1 week, usually a few days. I do this when I am short on time and want to spread out the brew over a few days.

Hardness is the killer not bitterness, if you have higher ph and reduce the hardness to zero with acid then your hardness is gone and nothing will be bitter, even a long exposure to hops, as matter of fact it makes it better because most of the time the negative value of hardness cuts bitterness and makes the beer seem dull

Back