Any Takers on a new BF community recipie or should a brew another batch and come back?

I've given a helles Lager a bit of thought recently but understand another beer my be more approachable.

How about a middle of the road Brown Ale I see @Mase s browns looking pretty damned tasty.

I'm up for anything. Whatever it is, there'll be 6 brews ahead of it. That'd put it around the 1st of the year for me.

I'm up for anything. Whatever it is, there'll be 6 brews ahead of it. That'd put it around the 1st of the year for me.
Wowie bob you sure do plan ahead yep I see your all stocked up for the next couple a brews.

Maybe I'll brew a smash pilsner style beer with this Swiss lager yeast I picked up recently.

Yep. I usually plan 5 brews and then order everything I need for them at once.

I'm still trying to knock out the Nautical Star brew. Life keeps getting in the way. This coming weekend for sure!

Any Takers on a new BF community recipie or should a brew another batch and come back?

I've given a helles Lager a bit of thought recently but understand another beer my be more approachable.

How about a middle of the road Brown Ale I see @Mase s browns looking pretty damned tasty.
Helles is difficult for those without lagering capability. A Cali Common would be similar and doesn't need as stringent temp control.

Helles is difficult for those without lagering capability. A Cali Common would be similar and doesn't need as stringent temp control.
Appreciate the bid to those of us who don’t Lager.... I’m up for a Cali Common. Maybe we should make this a month BF thread with a community brew for the month

Appreciate the bid to those of us who don’t Lager.... I’m up for a Cali Common. Maybe we should make this a month BF thread with a community brew for the month
Yeah but I'd extend the month to quarter e.g. a quarterly BF community recipie that way plenty of time for everyone to get on it order grains hops ect brew then package carbonate condition and serve picture and review recipie.

Sounds like you have me and my fellow procrastinators in mind :) Quarterly is about how my schedule works.

Haha, I'm lucky to get a single brew out quarterly sometimes. I'd be down for a Cali Common though, or a cream ale even.

I like the quarterly suggestion. May be able to do a couple per year at that rate. Sooo many beers to brew, so little time...:)
Exactly! And it's optional to get on and brew it.
As @ChicoBrewer said previously in this thread already he doesn't prefer dark beers so is sitting this one out. But maybe next BF maybe a bit more down for him. Sometimes I need a bit of inspiration for what to brew and this BF community thread may just be a source of inspiration to those stuck in a brewing rutt.

All I can say it's this first recipie started off on the right track it's a bloody beauty!

All I can say it's this first recipie started off on the right track it's a bloody beauty!
I'll let Martin know, he'll appreciate it.

I think one thing we should do is discuss why the recipe worked (or didn't, as the case may be). What differentiates it, what did we learn from brewing it, how will it influence future recipes.

I'll brew Nautical Star as my next brew. Meanwhile, I like the idea of a quarterly recipe and nominate Cali Common as tne Q4-2019 BF community recipe. Anyone have a good one as a starting point?

Other than Anchor Steam, I don't think I've ever seen or had another California Common to compare it to.

I wonder how hard it would be for the power that be to create another forum here for these community brews. We could start each one with what the bjcp guidelines actually are for reference and maybe a base recipe and collaborate and move on from there. Might be fun and maybe a bit more organized in one spot?

Other than Anchor Steam, I don't think I've ever seen or had another California Common to compare it to.

I wonder how hard it would be for the power that be to create another forum here for these community brews. We could start each one with what the bjcp guidelines actually are for reference and maybe a base recipe and collaborate and move on from there. Might be fun and maybe a bit more organized in one spot?
Second! All in favor?

As far as the recipe, I think there are multiple possibilities. We could start with a recipe from a reputable source like BYO, Zymurgy, Craft Beer and Brewing and then tweak it to our individual tastes, or collaborate, or even pass if something is just not our style.

Second! All in favor?

As far as the recipe, I think there are multiple possibilities. We could start with a recipe from a reputable source like BYO, Zymurgy, Craft Beer and Brewing and then tweak it to our individual tastes, or collaborate, or even pass if something is just not our style.
I know @Yooper already has a "beer of the month" sticky thread maybe she could make a BF Quarterly beer thread?
As for the Cali Common well it's not so common in Aus I sure havnt ever drunk one and I've not yet brewed one. So I'm interested.

Back