Best lager yeast for warmer fermentation

Did you ever do this? I am brewing a cream ale tomorrow and curious if Lutra works well.
Tried it in a Festbier, wasn't bad, pretty clean. Far as warmer temp lager yeast, Mauribrew 497 Lager is what has worked best for me, supposed to be the same yeast as Mangrove Jacks M54, also the same as K-97(German Ale Yeast) according to this chart.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...vx2DIKDmrEQJ36tLRBmmya7Jo/edit#gid=1846233287

Either way, makes a nice clean lager with about 79% attenuation in the mid 60s(NEEDS at least 3 weeks lagering, cleans up nice in the cold).

I am not concerned with having a least to lager at ale temperatures. I have a chest freezer with a Johnson controller, glass carboy, and stainless thermowell that doesn't fluctuate more than 3-4 degrees with cooling. If I want to lager, I just lager.
Truth be told I went into the LHBS with the intention to purchase US-04 for my recipe and some guy convinced me to get the dried Lutra Kveik. I don't know why I am so susceptible to recommendations from brew store employees...Anywho, upon leaving and researching this unfamiliar yeast, I don't see much about using it in Cream Ales, and I now I am wondering if I #$)*#$ my beer preemptively.

I am not concerned with having a least to lager at ale temperatures. I have a chest freezer with a Johnson controller, glass carboy, and stainless thermowell that doesn't fluctuate more than 3-4 degrees with cooling. If I want to lager, I just lager.
Truth be told I went into the LHBS with the intention to purchase US-04 for my recipe and some guy convinced me to get the dried Lutra Kveik. I don't know why I am so susceptible to recommendations from brew store employees...Anywho, upon leaving and researching this unfamiliar yeast, I don't see much about using it in Cream Ales, and I now I am wondering if I #$)*#$ my beer preemptively.
It'll be fine, It's a pretty clean yeast. Just not one of my favorites(makes for great cider though). Keep in mind I've used it in beer a total of 1 time.

It'll be fine, It's a pretty clean yeast. Just not one of my favorites(makes for great cider though). Keep in mind I've used it in beer a total of 1 time.
Thanks for the info. I am sure it will be fine as well. BTW first-time poster, a previous Beer Smith user trying out Brewers Friend and liking it so so far. Liking how all of the brewing components are integrated and in one place (including the forum)

For a year or two, I thought S-189 was the way to go for a warm lager fermentation. Then I discovered Diamond. What a great yeast, even fermented in the upper 60s. I'll be playing with Diamond a lot more in future.
What about do you like specifically? I have some on hand but haven't tried it. I kind of like 34/70, but I heard Diamond is maltier.

What about do you like specifically? I have some on hand but haven't tried it. I kind of like 34/70, but I heard Diamond is maltier.

It tastes more like a German lager than the other yeasts, which tend to be more bland, with slight esters when fermented warm. Diamond ferments clean warm, at least, so far. More experiments are needed.

Good luck! And welcome
Thanks Josh, It did not go well. It was only my 3rd time brewing on my Anvil and I had a few mistakes. I was also brewing a Cream Ale and adding lactic acid to lower the mash pH (first time doing this). I built up my water profile from RO water and add 2.2 ml of lactic acid based on the calculation in the water adjustment calc spreadsheet. Next time I will check my pH and add it little by little... At the end of the day, I had to add a pound of sugar to get up to an acceptable OG. I think it is safe to say that it was quite possibly my worst brew day ever; however, after a long hiatus, I am happy to be back at it.

Back