Bench bottle capper

Discussion in 'General Brewing Discussions' started by Medarius, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Mase

Mase Well-Known Member

Being a Cleveland or Bengals fan, I can certainly understand why. For me..,, I enjoy post season for football and hockey :p . The Pirates on the other hand.... we’ll..... they just suck! Go Pens!

2. jeffpn

jeffpn Well-Known Member

There is another personal story about Pittsburgh. It involves traffic there being horrible.

I grew up a Bengals fan, so you’re right about that.

Mase likes this.
  3. GG&G brewing

GG&G brewing New Member

I have found bench cappers quicker and give me a better, more secure seal, but maybe I just never learned how to use the wing thing. Getting back on point, I got my capper on eBay for about $12.00, plus shipping. It was made sometime during prohibition, and looks really cool on the bottling bench. I bottle less than quarter of my brews now, so I don't use it much.

4. BOB357

BOB357 Well-Known Member

I used a wing capper for a couple of years before I bought a bench model when the wing capper broke. Always thought the broken necks with the wing capper were just a normal thing. Must admit that shortly after getting my bench capper I started kegging. Regardless, I never pulled the neck off of another bottle and saw little difference in the time it took to cap a batch. My take is that if you're happy with what you're using, there's no reason to change. If you're having problems, try something else. Not like it's a huge investment in this case.

5. TetersMillBrewing

Well, regardless of how much this thread went off topic I found all of the conversation helpful. Since my wife wants to "bottle" her own beer I can already see the writing on the wall.

Craigerrr and Head First like this.
  6. Frankenbrewer

Frankenbrewer Well-Known Member

Let her bottle and you keg and see who is happy first! :D

thunderwagn and Trialben like this.