Beer Hose

Nola_Brew

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I've had my keezer for a year now. Currently using Bev Seal Ultra, about 15' of hose per tap. Also using John Guest fittings to make the connections to the shank and keg disconnect.

Having foam issues with one tap so took it apart over the weekend and cleaned it up. Had a little gunk inside the tap and on the o-rings so soaked everything in hot Oxy. Re-assembled the faucet (Intertap Stainless FC). Also ran some BLC through the lines which I do after every keg kicks.

Keezer temp is set at 35 with a 2 degree swing. Beer pours around 40 degrees. I also store my lines between the kegs instead of sitting on top. Not real sure if there is an advantage to this or not. Also run a computer fan 24/7. Probably need to add another as i do not find this fan circulates enough air.

Also, I have my regulator set at 13-14 PSI using 40 degrees as the point on the chart. For the entire first year, never had a foaming issue. Now, when i pour from this one tap, nothing but foam. I can also see some bubbles in the line but not sure if it's CO2 coming out of solution or air. Not sure how air could get in as i have no liquid leaks. There is also a gurgling sound and a little spitting when i open the tap which to me would indicate air or something in the line.

I have cleaned the disconnects and swapped out to another one but still didn't help.. I also swapped out the dip tube but that didn't help either.

Just trying to determine the root cause. I just cant seem to figure it out. I am about to replace the hose with new Bev Seal ultra that i have on hand to see if that helps but I don't see any restrictions inside of the hose i am currently using.

-What would cause CO2 to come out of suspension and why would it just now start happening?
-Is it best to store the hose in between the kegs or lay on top? I figured in between the kegs would keep the lines colder.
-For those who have used the regular 3/16" beer hose and the Bev Seal Ultra, which do you prefer and why? I would consider switching out the hose but would have to buy tail pieces, which isn't a big deal.

Anyone have suggestions on what the culprit could be?

I've had my keezer for a year now. Currently using Bev Seal Ultra, about 15' of hose per tap. Also using John Guest fittings to make the connections to the shank and keg disconnect.

Having foam issues with one tap so took it apart over the weekend and cleaned it up. Had a little gunk inside the tap and on the o-rings so soaked everything in hot Oxy. Re-assembled the faucet (Intertap Stainless FC). Also ran some BLC through the lines which I do after every keg kicks.

Keezer temp is set at 35 with a 2 degree swing. Beer pours around 40 degrees. I also store my lines between the kegs instead of sitting on top. Not real sure if there is an advantage to this or not. Also run a computer fan 24/7. Probably need to add another as i do not find this fan circulates enough air.

Also, I have my regulator set at 13-14 PSI using 40 degrees as the point on the chart. For the entire first year, never had a foaming issue. Now, when i pour from this one tap, nothing but foam. I can also see some bubbles in the line but not sure if it's CO2 coming out of solution or air. Not sure how air could get in as i have no liquid leaks. There is also a gurgling sound and a little spitting when i open the tap which to me would indicate air or something in the line.

I have cleaned the disconnects and swapped out to another one but still didn't help.. I also swapped out the dip tube but that didn't help either.

Just trying to determine the root cause. I just cant seem to figure it out. I am about to replace the hose with new Bev Seal ultra that i have on hand to see if that helps but I don't see any restrictions inside of the hose i am currently using.

-What would cause CO2 to come out of suspension and why would it just now start happening?
-Is it best to store the hose in between the kegs or lay on top? I figured in between the kegs would keep the lines colder.
-For those who have used the regular 3/16" beer hose and the Bev Seal Ultra, which do you prefer and why? I would consider switching out the hose but would have to buy tail pieces, which isn't a big deal.

Anyone have suggestions on what the culprit could be?

Is it just 1 beer or did you try a keg that was pouring ok from another tap?

If your fridge temp is at 35, that's where you're beer's going to end up in the keg eventually and 14 lbs pressure is producing 3 volumes in suspension. That's just over-carbed.
I use 5 foot hoses with about 6-8 lbs pressure with a 35 or so temp. Never have problems except when a keg gets over-carbed occasionally from force-carbing to enthusiastically.

I suppose it could be over-carbed. I dialed back the pressure to 10 last night and purged a few times. Will check later this afternoon.

I had one that was overcarbed recently and it took forever to settle down at low temp. Even after several purges it was still wanting to foam. Eventually it equalized.
Purging and leaving at zero pressure for a while allows the CO2 to leave suspension but you can speed things up by leaving it out for a day and letting it warm up and then purging to proper pressure level for ambient temp.

Back