April 7, 2020 Updates

I just logged in using Chrome and its still the same in Dashboard
Screenshot_20200409-054946_Chrome.jpg

I can confirm this, happens to me on my phone just now
Thanks Oz.
I use my dashboard to scroll to the recipe im looking for and or sometimes use this as a quick step to recipe log additions.

Will just mean more scrolling i know but surely it needs a nip and Tuck:p;).

Um i use the internet on my Samsung galaxy S7 phone. I think its Explorer.

Internet explorer was deprecated a long time ago. I don't have an Android though, and can't check on it with a different browser. @Ozarks Mountain Brew what browser are you using?

I'll put in a ticket for this as soon as I get to the bottom of the issue. I apologize for the issues with this view.

Same here, chrome on android all up to date.

All my brew logs now show negative values for ABV and days. What up wit dat?

We're working on this one. Mine are doing it too. I brewed about 6 days ago, and my brew logs are -5, my sample yesterday is day 0, and my dryhop day today is +1. The developers are working on this right now.

We're working on this one. Mine are doing it too. I brewed about 6 days ago, and my brew logs are -5, my sample yesterday is day 0, and my dryhop day today is +1. The developers are working on this right now.
Thumbs up! Thanks.

Anybody else having issues with attenuation calculations in the recipe builder? If I put the attenuation as 75% with an OG of 1.046, it should result in an FG around 1.011, not 1.009 like it shows... Did you guys change the math behind this calculation? (unless my arithmetic is completely off)

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 21.00.29.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 21.00.39.png

That doesn't look right, doesn't? That's more like 80% attenuation.

There is a fix on beta at beta.brewersfriend.com Do you want to take a look on your device, and I'll take a look at it on my computer and see if it's better?

I thought updates were going to be thoroughly tested in beta before releases were made from now on? There seems to be a LOT of bugs in this update.

It was- that's why we're so shocked. I tested, @Pricelessbrewing tested, and our volunteers also.

The thing that was NOT tested was "old" members who hadn't used the software in a while. Some of the biggest surprises came from when they created a recipe and the inventory wasn't the same, and it caused some crashing/issues that you may have read about.

This was a huge release- it incorporated our pro level, our Plus level, our Premium supporter level and our free trial level. Some features are reserved for Plus, etc. That was the biggest problem. There was just too much in one release. They are great features, don't get me wrong, and some of them like the costs of ingredients are welcome and long-asked for updates. We had been working on these for a long time, and so it was all released at the same time.

While it all worked great on beta, and we were so excited to bring it to you, some of the things that weren't in the release were affected negatively, like in the brew logs. We've fixed all of the issues except for the final few smaller problems, and the software seems to be working well for the vast majority of our users. I've only heard from a couple today with very specific odd issues that have to do with sample SGs in the brew log.

The attenuation issue shown above I believe has been around for a long time- just never picked up on before until more thoroughly scrutinized.

Thank you for the response @Yooper . I haven't done any thing other than print a recipe and participate on the forum since ladt week. Sorry, I feel like I spoke out of turn now. Keep up the good work.

That doesn't look right, doesn't? That's more like 80% attenuation.

There is a fix on beta at beta.brewersfriend.com Do you want to take a look on your device, and I'll take a look at it on my computer and see if it's better?

Tried it on beta, on both Safari and Firefox (MacOS and iOS versions) and the attenuation issue is still there. Planning to brew tomorrow, so I guess I'll just have to stick to my own calculations... By the way, I typically use my own math in a brew log spreadsheet which I check against Brewer's Friend, and this is the first time I've seen the attenuation issue - the recipe builder normally matches up perfectly with the standard equation I use: (OG-FG)÷(OG-1).

Thank you for the response @Yooper . I haven't done any thing other than print a recipe and participate on the forum since ladt week. Sorry, I feel like I spoke out of turn now. Keep up the good work.

You did NOT speak out of turn- it's always your turn! We want our customers to communicate freely with us (so it's always everybody's turn). That's the purpose of the forum- so you can communicate with us any time, either privately or openly. I will always give you an honest answer.

Tried it on beta, on both Safari and Firefox (MacOS and iOS versions) and the attenuation issue is still there. Planning to brew tomorrow, so I guess I'll just have to stick to my own calculations... By the way, I typically use my own math in a brew log spreadsheet which I check against Brewer's Friend, and this is the first time I've seen the attenuation issue - the recipe builder normally matches up perfectly with the standard equation I use: (OG-FG)÷(OG-1).

Ok, thanks! We're on track to have this ready soon, but moved some of the other things to slightly higher priority. Sorry about that.

Back