Another IPA attempt

I keep it around 2 oz.@10 and 2 oz.@1, making up the rest with a 60 min. addition, shooting for 40 to 50% of the IBUs. Usually 3 oz. dry hops for a 5.25 gallon batch of American IPA. Generally 1.060 to 1.065 OG and 65 to 75 IBUs.

I keep it around 2 oz.@10 and 2 oz.@1, making up the rest with a 60 min. addition, shooting for 40 to 50% of the IBUs. Usually 3 oz. dry hops for a 5.25 gallon batch of American IPA. Generally 1.060 to 1.065 OG and 65 to 75 IBUs.

So if it was you, you would up my kettle hops by about an ounce and decrease the dry hop amount?

So if it was you, you would up my kettle hops by about an ounce and decrease the dry hop amount?
If it were my beer I'd drop the 20 minute addition, move the Warrior addition to 60 and cut the dry hops to 3 or 4 oz. Never used Equanot, so might start with doubling the Amarillo at 10 and see how that works. You can also up the flavor/aroma a bit and pick up a few extra IBUs by waiting 10 or 15 minutes before chilling too. What I want in an IPA might be different than what you're looking for, but this is a hop schedule I've found works well for me.

Note the differences these changes made and go from there for the next iteration.

I do 45 minute mash and boils hence the 45 minute bittering addition

I made some tweaks to the hop schedule. Not sure if I'll keep it or not.

Back