Airlock activity

Bierman707

Trial Member
Reaction score
I know that the airlock isn't the way to determine this but I do know that I do have a good deal so no Co2 is escaping the carboy any other way. The airlock bubbles about every 20 minutes. This is the 14th day of fermentation of me wheat beer. I think its ready to bottle... any help would be greatly accepted.

Best advice is to check your gravity on consecutive days, if there is no change you should be good to go.

Bubbling can happen as a result of temperature changes even after all fermentation has taken place. Also CO2 that's already been produced and is in suspension can be released from the liquid in the same way that a beer goes flat after you pour it and let it set. It's very likely done but check the gravity.

Wheat beer yeast does most of its work within first 3 days, if healthy, shouldn't be much airlock activity after 4-5 days normally, in my experience anyways) willing to bet yours is done after 14 days, since I am normally bottle conditioning by day 7-8

I wouldn't personally be worried about bottling after 14 days, but do take a sample and get a reading for your records. I don't normally see any change after day 4-5 even on big ones.

Back