A different hop

e_satt

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm planning ahead for my seasonal ordering, a I'm running myself in circles thinking about hops. Ive been on a darker maltier beer rotation for the fall and winter. Mostly using fuggles and east Kent Goldings. I need to get a change ready for spring and summer beers. Cascade is great and bought an lb last year at this time ,but just want to try something different. Would like some suggestions on a variety that will work for a pale ale, IPA, or wheat beer. Thanks

my hops for pale ales and ipa's are Columbus for bittering and Amarillo Cascade Simcoe Citra for flavor

agree with amarillo and citra.
i hope to test out some of the more tropical fruit types this weekend, like azacca or some new zealand or australian varieties.
i think those types of flavors are pretty versatile for the styles you mentioned, and for pretty much any lighter beer

I always use Amarillo + Citra in my pales, and have been pretty happy with those flavors.... I also recently had a galaxy hopped beer, and holy shit. Galaxy hops dude. I posted elsewhere about it, but i'm about to be trying out Eroica hops with Hull Melon flavor and dry hop additions. We'll see how that turns out in about a month.

Back