7.1 Cubic Foot Chest freezer on sale at Sams Club $139

Beewrangler63

Trial Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the appropriate section to post this in, but, feel free to move or delete if not.

After scouring the local Craigslist for a freezer or fridge to fit my fermentation chamber needs, I decided buying something new was going to be my best bet.

I went to our locals Sam's Club to see what they had, when I ran across an Igloo 7.1 cubic foot chest freezer that is normally $179.00. Until March 25th, they are giving an additional $40 instant savings. I took templates of my 6.5 ale pail, 5 and 6 gallon Big Mouth Bubblers. The freezer will fit 2 and there is enough head space for an airlock.

Not familiar with the Igloo product line, but for $139 it beat most of what I was finding on Craigslist on either price or distance.

can't beat that just save the box and warranty papers, I've sent 1 back, it wouldn't freeze at all

Don't know if this is the appropriate section to post this in, but, feel free to move or delete if not.

After scouring the local Craigslist for a freezer or fridge to fit my fermentation chamber needs, I decided buying something new was going to be my best bet.

I went to our locals Sam's Club to see what they had, when I ran across an Igloo 7.1 cubic foot chest freezer that is normally $179.00. Until March 25th, they are giving an additional $40 instant savings. I took templates of my 6.5 ale pail, 5 and 6 gallon Big Mouth Bubblers. The freezer will fit 2 and there is enough head space for an airlock.

Not familiar with the Igloo product line, but for $139 it beat most of what I was finding on Craigslist on either price or distance.
if not new than used but with used you open to whats available at the time your looking. i was lucky to score a $50 Aus freezer that fits my ferm bucket but 2 kegs if im keen. i would love a big space freezer for keezer one day to serve a few taps and lager a keg or two.

That's a good size freezer and you can't beat the price. I got one similar at Home depot on sale for $169. I don't remember the brand, but it's been working great.

Here's what the interior capacity is. The gallon bubblers are sitting on the compressor hump. I normally use 3 piece airlocks, but wanted to make sure there was enough head space even for the S style. There is room enough to place a small heater in the corner. I cashed in some Christmas present Amazon gift cards and got me a Lasko 200 watt heater and an Inkbird ITC-310T-B dual stage temp controller.
freezer.jpg
ink.JPG

Word of advice: if you ever make a keezer out of it, DO NOT drill through it. You’ll brick it for sure.
Always prudent advice.:)
Easier to build a collar to hold taps. Although it is possible to drill through the lid and install a tower. Problem with that is tap tower is in the way when you want to open the lid to change kegs. Only works if it's oriented so that the hinge side isn't against the wall.

Back