2nd baby beer ideas

jmcnamara

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I've been brewing an annual barleywine every year since my son was born (6 batches and counting).
I want to do something similar for my daughter when arrives in January. I was thinking a Russian imperial stout, but never brewed one before.
Any ideas for a good style that will keep for several decades?

I've been brewing an annual barleywine every year since my son was born (6 batches and counting).
I want to do something similar for my daughter when arrives in January. I was thinking a Russian imperial stout, but never brewed one before.
Any ideas for a good style that will keep for several decades?
Congratulations sorry no suggestions here out of my wheel house.

never have brewed one, drank many. my thought of russian imperial stouts is that they are much more bitter than thier english counter parts. maybe a bit more roasted too.

Maybe a Lambic style? They take a while to ferment, so they may do well in a bottle

Maybe a Lambic style? They take a while to ferment, so they may do well in a bottle
Being a little selfish here, but I didn't like the style when I had to drink a few on a beer passport many years ago, so I kinda don't want to brew one.
But I definitely want something that will age and change. Pretty amazing the differences in the barleywine so far (granted I've tweaked the recipe since the original)

Congratulations! No help from me though. Push that brown ale to 7%?
Thanks!
Yeah I was also thinking of imperializing something. Was thinking a lighter colored beer since the barleywine is so dark. I might riff off Brian's idea and do a trippel instead.
There's a very good chance that she will have a Rohan-inspired name (surprisingly the wife is being slowly convinced). And before you ask, no it won't be Eorlingas. But maybe if we had a fourth kid...:D

Back