Search results

  1. Minbari

    SS Brewtech

    Just read they are going out of business. If you need parts or want any of their products, now is the time
  2. Minbari

    Bottling trick

    Maybe people already do this, but after 13 years, discovered that if you chill the bottles before you fill them on a counter pressure rig. You get zero foam! Zero!
  3. Minbari

    My head exploded

    Literally. My son got it for me, lol. https://www.facebook.com/share/v/17BGAHs4FU/ 45acp, 185gr +p, Hornady xtp
  4. Minbari

    Plaato Keg - revived

    As many people know plaato decided to sunset all thier homebrew gear. I have 4 of the plaato keg units that have been really expensive paper weights. Taplist.io has made an integation into these devices (YA!) $40 a year gets you the same level use as thier basic $400 a year service for...
  5. Minbari

    Well this sucks!

    I usually kept the brewery in the basement at the old house. It's in the garage at this one. Didn't think to drain the heat exchanger when it got cold 2 weeks ago. Turned it on to brew today and it rained water! Just a tip for others. Confined water and cold don't mix.
  6. Minbari

    Kegerator 2.0

    Finally getting around to building this. Gonna have (2) 5gal kegs and one small 1 gallon. Here is the start, with more to come
  7. Minbari

    $700 oops

    So, went about drilling my new fridge for co2 lines today. Carefully, cut the plastic, removed the insulation to see that there was no coolant lines in the side of the unit. Yay! There isn't. Proceeded to drill through and hit a coolant line! Fuck my life! :mad:
  8. Minbari

    Brewing on hold

    So good ol mother nature put a good hold on my brewing for a while, lol. I salvaged most of the setup, in tact . Everyone is safe, but the house is toast
  9. Minbari

    Snowpocalyse!

    Anyone else get snowed in? Everyone in my family is stuck in the driveway, except me. :D
  10. Minbari

    Martial arts

    Does anyone else have a particular discipline they participate in? I started krav maga about 2 1/2 months ago. Let me tell you, it's not easy. Especially at 51. Lol. Gives you a good sense of accomplishment and the school i go to is nothing but positivity. They expect you to work, but...
  11. Minbari

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Hope everyone is having a great day so far. Watching the macy parade, drinking an eggnog latte and eating cinnamon rolls. Couldn't be better
  12. Minbari

    Safbrew 16

    So can someone explain how 102% attenuation is possible...
  13. Minbari

    Get rewarded

    I would like this feature to go away! :) In lieu of that, can it not be on top of the text box and the "go to top" button?
  14. Minbari

    O2 in starter

    Doing an experiment to see if this matters at all. 1098 2 stage starter for a high gravity beer. Bursting pure o2 into the starter. 1 second every 15 minutes. rate of 0.12 l/min. Have read that there is some evidence that it helps build higher yeast counts. we shall see, since i don't have...
  15. Minbari

    Brew Stores

    thought I would open a thread for people to post thier favorite local or online brew stores. hopefully this doesnt already exist. search is not great on this site, lol just found this one. they seems to have ALOT of brewing ingredients. many kinds I cant get here locally...
  16. Minbari

    brew PH

    very hottly contested subject. I have always maintained that ph managment is important and will make a better beer. Brulosophy did an interview with John Palmer (How to brew) on the subject of PH. definately worth a view. if you are looking to fine tune a recipe, this coule help
  17. Minbari

    Plaato products

    Bunch of bullshit. Plaato decided they are no longer gonna be in the homebrew business. So if you have the products, be prepared for them to quit working in a year or so. One thing that sucks about IOT, you don't own the internet interface and when they discontinue a product, it just...
  18. Minbari

    Cold crash speed

    This is a hottly contested subject and clearly brewlosophy is not the end-all be-all authority. But, this is something i have noticed as well. I have always crashed over a 2-3 day period. Mostly because crashing too fast causes ice and the crash will stall out around 40F. But crashing...
  19. Minbari

    Tilt for Windows

    My tiltpi died and while I waited for the new one to arrive I did a search to see if they made a tilt for windows app. the Tilt people dont, but I did find this on thier discussion board. it works really well. could use a little refinement. like the graphs dont work until you have 3 changes...
  20. Minbari

    Mash mixer

    Not sure that is the official term. I brew using BIAB and a HERMs recirc. Even with rice hulls it requires stirring to keep the wort draining properly. We shall see if this helps. Motor is gear reduced to 15 rpm.

Back
Top