What's your next brew

upload_2018-12-8_6-24-40.png

Just a bit more than we got one morning last week.
Back.jpg

Didn't feel like brewing today so postponed the California Common 'til tomorrow.

upload_2018-12-22_7-1-7.png

My first go with a lager. The basement is perfect temp for fermentation and storage.

A hoppy APA with 87% 2-row, 8.5% C-15 and 4.5% Red Wheat. 2 oz. Cascade at 10 and another 2 oz. at 1. Enough Chinook at 60 to bring the IBUs up to about 50. Mashing at 54F and fermenting at 65F with BRY-97. OG-1.055, expected FG-1.012 for just over 5% ABV. Probably brew late next Thursday. Hoping to get time to keg my Calif. Common before then so there's room in the fermentation fridge.

Looks good Bob. Just a touch on the sweet/smooth side with a classic Cascade finish. :)

Thanks! Might need it along side the IIPA I'll have on tap at the same time.

Next up is a NEIPA planning to brew it Friday

My East Slope Pale Ale on Wednesday, weather permitting. 5.5 gallon batch size with 87% 2-row, 8.7% C-15 and 4.3% Red Wheat, mashed at 154F. 2 oz. Cascade at 10 and 2 oz. Cascade at 1, along with enough Chinook at 60 to bring it to about 48 IBUs. Fermenting at 65F with BRY-97. Allowing to rise to 70F after 2 days. Expected 1.055OG and 1.014 FG for about 5.4% ABV.

That sounds nice Bob:)

I’m full up this holiday season and can take a couple weeks to reap the benefits before I brew again. Next up, you guessed it, an IPA.:p

Doing an American wheat ale tomorrow. Very basic with a 50% wheat, 50% pilsner malt bill with a few oz of Tettnang. Brewing this more or less to test out the new mash tun bag I got, and a sour I have planned for the near future.

That sounds nice Bob:)

I’m full up this holiday season and can take a couple weeks to reap the benefits before I brew again. Next up, you guessed it, an IPA.:p

Need to run a pipeline down here. I'm clean out of home brew until the Calif. Common is carbed up. :(

Speaking of elk season, how did you do?

We had a great time around the camp fire. 50 yards from a fork and just couldn’t get a clean shot.

We had a great time around the camp fire. 50 yards from a fork and just couldn’t get a clean shot.

That sucks! As long as you had plenty of whiskey to dampen the disappointment it probably wasn't too dire :)

East Slope IPA. Same grain bill as My house pale ale of the same name, but with a pound of sucrose added and a lower mash temp by a couple of degrees. Increased the Chinook bittering addition and subbed in Centennial for Cascade. At the same time I'm dialing in the integration of the Digaboil as a new addition.

My goal, along with dialing in a few of my favorite recipes, is to end up keeping fewer varieties of specialty grains, hops and yeasts in inventory.

Back