What are you doing with homebrew today?

Checked on my Oktoberfest 6 days in. Fermenting @52f and the gravity has only dropped to 1.052 from 1.056. I’ll bump the temp to 54f and check back in a week.
1789255479814.jpeg
 
Checked the gravity on my Oktoberfest and it has dropped to 1.021 and the krausen has dropped. So I’m going to raise the temperature to 65f and let it go for 3 days. Then I’ll start testing for final gravity.
 
Checking gravity on the Oktoberfest after 3 days at 65f. It has dropped from 1.021 to 1.014. Wow that 34/70 keeps working. The abv is right where I want it to be, between 5.2-6.0%. I’ll keep checking and see where it ends up.
 
Dodged one today, the controller on my boil kettle failed today...while I was flushing the plate chiller post brew. Never great to have something break, but the timing was good anyway.

Anyway, today I kegged an American Light Lager and brewed an American Lager. Also ordered some specialty grains and a new controller form MoreBeer...still need to pick up some more yeast, but they don't carry M84.
 

Back
Top